Qualifying for Need Based Aid?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KiltedKicker

Bronze

Qualifying for Need Based Aid?

Postby KiltedKicker » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey, I was wondering at what point does it not make sense to apply for financial aid? In other words, how much money do I (or really my parents) have to have for it to be guaranteed that I won't receive any meaningful amount of need-based aid? I know these things are considered in the broader context of your whole financial situation, but I'm curious (as I'm sure some others are as well) if there is a baseline amount of assets above which I shouldn't bother applying for need-based aid

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Qualifying for Need Based Aid?

Postby lymenheimer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:11 pm

KiltedKicker wrote:Hey, I was wondering at what point does it not make sense to apply for financial aid? In other words, how much money do I (or really my parents) have to have for it to be guaranteed that I won't receive any meaningful amount of need-based aid? I know these things are considered in the broader context of your whole financial situation, but I'm curious (as I'm sure some others are as well) if there is a baseline amount of assets above which I shouldn't bother applying for need-based aid

It would probably depend on the school and many of them probably wouldn't share that information publicly.

passedge

New

Re: Qualifying for Need Based Aid?

Postby passedge » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 am

If you're considering needing financial aid, chances are the school is willing to give it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�