Emory Law: Woodruff Scholarship Competitiveness? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FredTheFish

New

Emory Law: Woodruff Scholarship Competitiveness?

Post by FredTheFish » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 am

Just wondering if anyone knows a ballpark figure of the stats of those who get the Woodruff scholly from Emory (worth roughly $160,000 in total). Are we talking T-14 numbers, slightly below? People with my current numbers routinely get ~$100,000+ scholarships to Emory, so do you think that would be competitive enough for the Woodruff? Never really considered Emory outside of using them as leverage, but now Atlanta doesn't seem so bad with a scholarship such as this one.

calilaw33

New

Re: Emory Law: Woodruff Scholarship Competitiveness?

Post by calilaw33 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Also curious about this.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:26 pm

I talked to one recipient who said the school prefers high GPA candidates. This person had nearly a 4.0 and would have been competitive (50%+) at Chicago on down.

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:18 pm

mornincounselor wrote:I talked to one recipient who said the school prefers high GPA candidates. This person had nearly a 4.0 and would have been competitive (50%+) at Chicago on down.
Interesting. From what I've heard, the Presidential full-tuition scholarship from GWU wants T-14 numbers, while the full scholarship from BU and WUSTL seem to at least want slightly-below T-14 numbers, and these are comparable schools to Emory so it makes sense. But with the way Emory gives out scholarship money like its candy to people at median, I figured it wouldn't take too much extra to get the Woodruff compared to the rest.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:53 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:I talked to one recipient who said the school prefers high GPA candidates. This person had nearly a 4.0 and would have been competitive (50%+) at Chicago on down.
Interesting. From what I've heard, the Presidential full-tuition scholarship from GWU wants T-14 numbers, while the full scholarship from BU and WUSTL seem to at least want slightly-below T-14 numbers, and these are comparable schools to Emory so it makes sense. But with the way Emory gives out scholarship money like its candy to people at median, I figured it wouldn't take too much extra to get the Woodruff compared to the rest.
"T14 numbers" is incredibly vague. You could fall ass backwards into a gulc admission without being competitive for the gw or emory full rides.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Post Deleted

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”