LSAC GPA Plummeted Old Community College Grades! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thecoolboy1234

New

LSAC GPA Plummeted Old Community College Grades!

Post by thecoolboy1234 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:37 am

Hey guys this is most first post on Top-Law-Schools as I have been just a lurker for the past two years on this site.

I have been set to go to law school ever since I started my UG and have attained a 3.96 GPA at a top 20 private university and attained a 176 on my LSAT. I am currently a junior so I still have time till I start on my senior applications.

However as I was reading through transcripts requirements I realized that I had to send in my community college courses that I took during my high school senior year. Sadly due to senioritis and all that I ended up with a C+, C- which drops my cumulative LSAC GPA to around a 3.88 or so.

I thought that I was in a good position for HYS but now I'm not exactly sure with my LSAC GPA. Will law schools not weigh the LSAC GPA as much since it dropped because of 1 year of poor performances during high school?

Thanks for your advice I'm just really worried now.

Edit: Also do you think law schools will look at my UG GPA more or my LSAC GPA more?

Clearly

Gold

Re: LSAC GPA Plummeted Old Community College Grades!

Post by Clearly » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:20 am

Shut up. You're a 3.88 176. You're also neurotic. Get help.

thecoolboy1234

New

Post by thecoolboy1234 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:25 am

Clearly wrote:Shut up. You're a 3.88 176. You're also neurotic. Get help.
Sorry if this came off and offended anyone since I'm still happy about a 3.88 and a 176 (especially the 176) but its just that I think its a bummer that my GPA would plummet almost by .1 just because of some mishaps during high school and its potentially gonna affect me 4-5 years down the road.

mynameismyname

Bronze

Post by mynameismyname » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 am

You'll probably get into the same schools... Just write killer essays and get LORs from professors early. Get some softs to make your app more well rounded outside of your numbers....

Profit

seashell.economy

Bronze

Post by seashell.economy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:45 am

The 176 saves you. And a 3.88 is still a great GPA to be applying with. The way LSAC recalculates GPAs throws many people off, and community college grades are often the reason people's GPAs drop. My last boss went to law school at age 35 and they counted his community college grades from when he took CC courses in high school when he was 17. Tanked his GPA. It might not seem this way, but really a .1 drop isn't that bad for this situation. My 3.9 GPA dropped much more when LSAC factored in my old CC grades. I was pretty surprised/pissed off/sad when I figured out how LSAC works, too :/

PoopyPants

Bronze

Post by PoopyPants » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Quit the histrionics or the humblebragging, whichever it is. Your GPA did not "plummet." I'm going to graduate from my university with a 3.8x, but my LSAC GPA is going to be a 3.4x, because I was really stupid and lazy when I was younger. So I apologize if your 3.88 GPA after the LSAC drop doesn't seem all that worrisome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”