CAS and Transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DJKRD92

New

CAS and Transcript

Post by DJKRD92 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:54 am

Just a couple of quick questions about CAS and requesting transcripts:

How long does CAS actually take? Does it really take 2-4 weeks to process? I was going to submit my apps this/next week but didn't know that CAS took weeks...I thought it was a "good job, you bought it. We'll send in your stuff to law schools now." lols...

How about transcripts? Requested them this past week.

Thanks!

sjp200

Bronze

Re: CAS and Transcript

Post by sjp200 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:15 am

LOR's are done with a short turnaround time of only a few hours or a day through CAS.

Transcripts depend on your school and LSAC's processing time (and this is actually a thing that they have to process, because they recalculate GPAs). This usually takes 1-2 weeks, and if they're busy right now from a mass scramble of people, then maybe longer. Also, if your school is far away from an LSAC center and they use snail mail, you're in for quite a long wait. Send it in ASAP.

DJKRD92

New

Post by DJKRD92 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:52 am

sjp200 wrote:LOR's are done with a short turnaround time of only a few hours or a day through CAS.

Transcripts depend on your school and LSAC's processing time (and this is actually a thing that they have to process, because they recalculate GPAs). This usually takes 1-2 weeks, and if they're busy right now from a mass scramble of people, then maybe longer. Also, if your school is far away from an LSAC center and they use snail mail, you're in for quite a long wait. Send it in ASAP.
Thanks!

My transcripts were sent because my schools sends them electronically. Now, its all a matter of how quickly LSAC processes them :/
I really hope applying near Jan 1 isn't too late for this cycle.

Sweetneers

New

Post by Sweetneers » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:22 am

DJKRD92 wrote:
sjp200 wrote:LOR's are done with a short turnaround time of only a few hours or a day through CAS.

Thanks!

My transcripts were sent because my schools sends them electronically. Now, its all a matter of how quickly LSAC processes them :/
Sent an update on Tuesday, and it was processed by Friday. Shouldn't be too long, but not sure with this holiday break.

DJKRD92

New

Post by DJKRD92 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:52 am

Sweetneers wrote:
DJKRD92 wrote:

Thanks!

Sent an update on Tuesday, and it was processed by Friday. Shouldn't be too long, but not sure with this holiday break.
Thanks, mine was actually processes relatively quickly. I think I had the same 3-4 day turnaround time! wohoo

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”