Should I wait for December LSAT score to come in before applying? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
goddard24

New

Should I wait for December LSAT score to come in before applying?

Post by goddard24 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Guys, I took the June 2015 LSAT and recently took December 2015 LSAT. Scores aren't in as of yet, but do I need to wait till my score is released for me to submit my apps or should I wait? I dont want to be too late on my apps and risk lowering my chances.

Really appreciate any feedback!

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Should I wait for December LSAT score to come in before applying?

Post by lymenheimer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:44 pm

goddard24 wrote:Guys, I took the June 2015 LSAT and recently took December 2015 LSAT. Scores aren't in as of yet, but do I need to wait till my score is released for me to submit my apps or should I wait? I dont want to be too late on my apps and risk lowering my chances.

Really appreciate any feedback!
1) there is a search function on this site. And Google works well too.
2) as a summary of all the other times this has been asked: it depends. Numbers, schools. Either way it likely won't matter. Schools are likely going to slow down processing apps coming into the holiday, so you may have your updated score before they get to it anyways. If you think you improved, I'd wait. If you thought you needed to take the LSAT again after June and didn't do so well in Dec, then you might end up wanting to sit out a year to improve your LSAT and apply next cycle. Won't hurt to wait. You're already in the middle of the application season and (if I remember correctly), any early submission boost deteriorates sometime shortly after Thanksgiving.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”