WUSTL ED vs. Other Schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FredTheFish

New

WUSTL ED vs. Other Schools?

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Last edited by FredTheFish on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mullens

Silver

Re: WUSTL ED vs. Other Schools?

Post by Mullens » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:57 pm

If you want any reasonable chance at biglaw you NEED to retake.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Retake, go IP for BIG law @ T14, and you'll have a jobs lined up before you.

Actually, is it a real hard science or something like biology?

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:30 pm

barkschool wrote:Retake, go IP for BIG law @ T14, and you'll have a jobs lined up before you.

Not really a hard science, which is why I said I would need experience in the field to make IP a possibility. Any thoughts on WUSTL?
Last edited by FredTheFish on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

iamapipersson

New

Post by iamapipersson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:44 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
barkschool wrote:Retake, go IP for BIG law @ T14, and you'll have a jobs lined up before you.

MolGen/Pre-med so not really a hard science, which is why I said I would need experience in the field to make IP a possibility. Any thoughts on WUSTL?
Don't post twice. And I'd say aim higher. It will be next to impossible to wrangle a job out of WUSTL, and even with tuition completely paid for, you can't expect more than a 60k (if that) dead-end career for the rest of your life.

Take lsat in february, raise those stats, and for God's sake don't apply early decision to a blackhole like WUSTL.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:56 pm

You won't be accepted via ED to WUSTL.

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:20 pm

iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

MolGen/Pre-med so not really a hard science, which is why I said I would need experience in the field to make IP a possibility. Any thoughts on WUSTL?
Don't post twice. And I'd say aim higher. It will be next to impossible to wrangle a job out of WUSTL, and even with tuition completely paid for, you can't expect more than a 60k (if that) dead-end career for the rest of your life.

Take lsat in february, raise those stats, and for God's sake don't apply early decision to a blackhole like WUSTL.
They must have posted my topic twice because I didn't do that. And I really don't have time to improve by February, so it looks like I'd have to take a year off, which I don't want to do because I don't really have a job to support me. I suppose I could apply this cycle, prepare for the June LSAT, and if I do well on it then withdraw from wherever I planned on going and take a year off. If I don't do well, then I can just go to the school I chose to go to?

Just a rough position because my numbers are only good for a bunch of trap schools and strong regionals.
Last edited by FredTheFish on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Rigo wrote:You won't be accepted via ED to WUSTL.
Debatable. Friends older brother got close to a full scholarship from there with similar stats, which was several years ago when their medians were higher, so ED full scholarship certainly is a possibility.

iamapipersson

New

Post by iamapipersson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:29 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
Debatable. Friends older brother got close to a full scholarship from there with similar stats, which was several years ago when their medians were higher, so ED full scholarship certainly is a possibility.
One example won't defeat an overriding trend. IMO, acceptance yes, 60k scholarship LOLOLOL. But if you expect to aTTTend a school that won'TTT help you earn a decenTTT career, you deserve financial misery

Make time. IDGAF what your other commitments are.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:41 pm

iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
One example won't defeat an overriding trend. IMO, acceptance yes, 60k scholarship LOLOLOL. But if you expect to aTTTend a school that won'TTT help you earn a decenTTT career, you deserve financial misery

Last edited by FredTheFish on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Just take the year off and retake.

iamapipersson

New

Post by iamapipersson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:50 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

Was just pointing out that if I applied ED there is no reason to think I will automatically be denied. It would be a huge gamble because it wouldn't be crazy if I did end up getting accepted.

Any opinions on BC, ND, BU, or GWU?

New semester starts soon and it's full of classes like Biochem, so there absolutely is no time to prepare for February. Besides I wouldn't risk my third and final attempt without great prep considering I'd have to wait 2 more years to take it again.
L-A-Z-Y

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:55 pm

iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

Was just pointing out that if I applied ED there is no reason to think I will automatically be denied. It would be a huge gamble because it wouldn't be crazy if I did end up getting accepted.

Any opinions on BC, ND, BU, or GWU?

New semester starts soon and it's full of classes like Biochem, so there absolutely is no time to prepare for February. Besides I wouldn't risk my third and final attempt without great prep considering I'd have to wait 2 more years to take it again.
L-A-Z-Y
Lol if you don't have a STEM degree please don't bother talking

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:56 pm

Clearly wrote:Just take the year off and retake.
It's starting to sound like the best option at this point.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:01 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
Trust me man, I have a way way worse gpa, didn't wanna take time off, and had the same lsat. Took the extra year off and retook, killed it, and went t10-> biglaw. Doing whatever you need to survive for that year is worth the better chances of a career. You'd end up at wustl or wherever and wonder what if forever, because there's no circumstance where that score doesn't help you on either the opportunity or cost side.

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
Trust me man, I have a way way worse gpa, didn't wanna take time off, and had the same lsat. Took the extra year off and retook, killed it, and went t10-> biglaw. Doing whatever you need to survive for that year is worth the better chances of a career. You'd end up at wustl or wherever and wonder what if forever, because there's no circumstance where that score doesn't help you on either the opportunity or cost side.
Last edited by FredTheFish on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buntort

New

Post by buntort » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:07 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
I know, it's just a tough pill to swallow because it would be my third time taking it, and if I don't improve it would be a giant waste of time. The only school that really looks appealing is BC because it has good employment numbers, Biglaw/Clerk is over 40% of the class, practically 0 school funded jobs, is solid for Environmental Law, and I love Boston. Any opinions on BC? Otherwise the retake seems right.
BC has a great reputation on this board. Just contact this poster, she'll tell you all about it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:28 pm

buntort wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
I know, it's just a tough pill to swallow because it would be my third time taking it, and if I don't improve it would be a giant waste of time. The only school that really looks appealing is BC because it has good employment numbers, Biglaw/Clerk is over 40% of the class, practically 0 school funded jobs, is solid for Environmental Law, and I love Boston. Any opinions on BC? Otherwise the retake seems right.
BC has a great reputation on this board. Just contact this poster, she'll tell you all about it.
Jesus, what could have BC possibly have done to her to deserve that?!

iamapipersson

New

Post by iamapipersson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
I agree with this. I thought OP had to attend law school this year, in which case he has more than enough time to study if he doesn't laze around during the holidays.

Even if he doesn't get a higher score, applying extra early decision to wustl will probably only help his chances next cycle. Too late now.

I double majored in mathematics and philosophy, BTW.

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:54 pm

iamapipersson wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
I agree with this. I thought OP had to attend law school this year, in which case he has more than enough time to study if he doesn't laze around during the holidays.

Even if he doesn't get a higher score, applying extra early decision to wustl will probably only help his chances next cycle. Too late now.

I don't have more than enough time. I work full-time right now and then have a tough semester with part time work starting in January. February will not happen.

I'm confused by your second statement. The ED deadline got pushed back for WUSTL to mid-January if that's what you're referring to.

And that's great, you should know that it would be nearly impossible to study for the LSAT during school then.

iamapipersson

New

Post by iamapipersson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:05 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

I don't have more than enough time. I work full-time right now and then have a tough semester with part time work starting in January. February will not happen.

I'm confused by your second statement. The ED deadline got pushed back for WUSTL to mid-January if that's what you're referring to.

And that's great, you should know that it would be nearly impossible to study for the LSAT during school then.
First three weeks equals goof off time. That's the time frame you'd be taking the February test in. Your job is most likely the reason why you didn't get a 166 or 167. If it's not necessary for financial reasons, throw it away.

Regardless of whether their ED deadline has passed or not, schools are much more likely to admit a borderline applicant in the very beginning of the ED period.

I do have a fantastic memory, and that may contribute to my laissez faire attitude about anything but the lsat. I should recognize some people honestly can't do better.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FredTheFish

New

Post by FredTheFish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:35 pm

iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

First three weeks equals goof off time. That's the time frame you'd be taking the February test in. Your job is most likely the reason why you didn't get a 166 or 167. If it's not necessary for financial reasons, throw it away.

Regardless of whether their ED deadline has passed or not, schools are much more likely to admit a borderline applicant in the very beginning of the ED period.

I do have a fantastic memory, and that may contribute to my laissez faire attitude about anything but the lsat. I should recognize some people honestly can't do better.
Last edited by FredTheFish on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamapipersson

New

Post by iamapipersson » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:39 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

The job has definitely held me back. If I take a year off, I'm hoping I can cut down the hours.

True.

It might not be the fantastic memory, but the nootropics and Addy instead.
Someone's been spying my posts. But as a matter of fact, the research chemicals truly have helped nearly every bit of my cognition.

Whether I get brain cancer from them is another deal.

PoopyPants

Bronze

Post by PoopyPants » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:11 pm

FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:
iamapipersson wrote:
Clearly wrote:
FredTheFish wrote:

The job has definitely held me back. If I take a year off, I'm hoping I can cut down the hours.

True.

It might not be the fantastic memory, but the nootropics and Addy instead.
Just gotta make time. It's definitely possible to effectively study while working and going to school. It's just a matter of priorities.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Why WUSTL over the ED fully at BU, if you love Boston so much?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”