Anyone else dead inside from law school admissions? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Anyone else dead inside from law school admissions?

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:21 am

Just checking.

carl1

New

Re: Anyone else dead inside from law school admissions?

Post by carl1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:23 am

I had a typo on one of my essays for my back up school, and some wording that I think could be better on my optional essay for my top school. I keep trying to convince myself that they gloss over these things, and they don't have time to nitpick like that, but it's not working. I was only going to apply to 13 schools, but when my list dips below 6 apps left, I keep adding another school here and there. So yes, I feel a little dead.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:35 am

On the bright side, the inner death you feel now will seem like nothing once you actually experience law school, OCI/job hunt, and actual practice thereafter. A law student dies many times, a rational human in a less suicidal field dies but once.

seashell.economy

Bronze

Post by seashell.economy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:37 am

Feeling this!

I've lost friends from studying the LSAT so much. My blue collar friends I've had for years are resentful at my white collar aspirations. I'm supposed to be on top of my game this semester (as I normally am) but instead I'm obsessing over wordsmithing every application essay that should have been submitted weeks ago. Someone buy me some Haagen Dazs and bring me a box of tissues : ( (

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:43 am

Capitol_Idea wrote:On the bright side, the inner death you feel now will seem like nothing once you actually experience law school
^^

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:54 am

Hand wrote:
Capitol_Idea wrote:On the bright side, the inner death you feel now will seem like nothing once you actually experience law school
^^
Don't even think of doubting this.

jleighg

New

Post by jleighg » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:43 pm

seashell.economy wrote:Feeling this!

I've lost friends from studying the LSAT so much. My blue collar friends I've had for years are resentful at my white collar aspirations. I'm supposed to be on top of my game this semester (as I normally am) but instead I'm obsessing over wordsmithing every application essay that should have been submitted weeks ago. Someone buy me some Haagen Dazs and bring me a box of tissues : ( (
I want to criticize you for calling your friends blue collar and thinking you're better than them because someone told you that going to law school was a good idea... but instead I'll just say that you're going to fit right in at law school.

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:29 pm

seashell.economy wrote:Feeling this!

If these "friends" deserted you for putting in the hours for LSAT, they would leave you anyway once you're in law school or in practice. You'll know what I mean once you get to school.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Srsly one thing you shouldnt worry too much about is "wordsmithing" your admissions essays

seashell.economy

Bronze

Post by seashell.economy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:08 pm

I wrote a really good essay. I contemplated posting it on here to get some more feedback, but then I didn't want any mofos stealing it, it is that good. hahaha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”