Retaking LSAT in DEC, when do I apply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
katierice

New

Retaking LSAT in DEC, when do I apply?

Post by katierice » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Last edited by katierice on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Retaking LSAT in DEC, when do I apply?

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:36 pm

I'm not sure what the question is here or what you even mean by some of your questions. Either way you're waiting for your December score, or you're applying to schools that will accept a 159. 1) submitting now may elicit a deny or at best a hold at t14s. Will likely elicit a hold at other schools you're looking at. 2) I don't know what you mean. You can't tell the schools "I think I got a 170, plz accept." Though I don't think that's what you were going with. 3) may as well wait because the schools you seemingly want to go to will put you on hold for the second score anyways.
Scholly offers go out for lots of schools towards the beginning of the year so you're not missing out on much, in my experience. Just get a good LSAT and you'll be fine.

katierice

New

Post by katierice » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Last edited by katierice on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:56 pm

katierice wrote:
lymenheimer wrote: 2) I don't know what you mean. You can't tell the schools "I think I got a 170, plz accept." Though I don't think that's what you were going with. 3) may as well wait because the schools you seemingly want to go to will put you on hold for the second score anyways.
Scholly offers go out for lots of schools towards the beginning of the year so you're not missing out on much, in my experience. Just get a good LSAT and you'll be fine.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I guess what I am really wondering is if submitting early and having them hold the app is different from just submitting after I get the score.
Thanks for the reply though! I think I got it.
Okay. I see. in my experience, to my knowledge of the process, there is no difference. Although the Spivey thread (ask an admissions) may have more detailed explanation if you want it.

yunjh2725

New

Post by yunjh2725 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I am in the same boat as you are. I asked the same question here before. I decided to apply once I get my score in Mid-Jan. unless if I am super confident that I did well on my Dec. LSAT, I will apply that following week. However, knowing whether you did well is really hard to decipher since I thought I did well on my last one but apparently I did not.

So most likely, I will apply after I get my score. TLS people told me that first impression to AdComms is really important. So if you are satisfied with your 159, then apply with a pending Dec. score. If you want to show AdComms your improvement and somehow relay the message that your 159 was just a bad mistake and not really your true performance, then wait until you get your Dec. score.

I think your application won't get reviewed unless they see your full record of your score. So it's just a matter of them seeing your interest and your previous score. So either ways, you are not really submitting your application "early" by submitting before your Dec. score gets released.

For me, I am really embarrassed to show my score so I will wait until I get my December score.

Hope this makes sense!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”