Character and Fitness in T14 apps Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sorry4lurking

New

Character and Fitness in T14 apps

Post by sorry4lurking » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Last edited by sorry4lurking on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetneers

New

Re: Character and Fitness in T14 apps

Post by Sweetneers » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 am

Call your dean's office and ask?

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:22 am

sorry4lurking wrote:If you check the "yes" box for Character and Fitness violation, certain schools, like Columbia, NYU, and Duke (not sure if I'm missing any) ask for a letter with these instructions: "please have the dean or administrative officer in charge of student records forward a detailed explanation of the incident to the Office of Admissions."

Does anyone know how Dean's/administrative offices handle these requests? With what speed? To what degree of "detailed explanation" they will go into? etc. Any insight will help.
Depends. My UG pretty much let anyone in admin write a Dean letter that students accurately drafted. My friends had a faulty committee that signed all deans letters.

sorry4lurking

New

Post by sorry4lurking » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Last edited by sorry4lurking on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:05 pm

sorry4lurking wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:
sorry4lurking wrote:If you check the "yes" box for Character and Fitness violation, certain schools, like Columbia, NYU, and Duke (not sure if I'm missing any) ask for a letter with these instructions: "please have the dean or administrative officer in charge of student records forward a detailed explanation of the incident to the Office of Admissions."

Does anyone know how Dean's/administrative offices handle these requests? With what speed? To what degree of "detailed explanation" they will go into? etc. Any insight will help.
Depends. My UG pretty much let anyone in admin write a Dean letter that students accurately drafted. My friends had a faulty committee that signed all deans letters.
Thanks, thats helpful. I'm mainly curious about what the content of the letter will be, like how extensively detailed it gets, and how the schools requesting the letters will use them in their decision making. I guess its unknowable
Mine was. Student did ___, he was punished by ___. I have no reason to believe his subsequent behavior was anything but exemplary. -Dean.

I got into a few T14.

Your experience will vary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”