BU ED boost? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Troianii

Silver

BU ED boost?

Post by Troianii » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Anyone know if there is an ED boost with BU? I've found statistical analysis of the T14 but not much from BU, and I'm considering applying ED there.

Please, no "don't ED" stuff, I don't anticipate getting into much better than BU except for maybe a couple states schools, but the thing is that - while I'm open to moving - I'd prefer to practice in the Boston area. And I say "please, no 'don't ED' stuff" because I've got outside funding to cover it pretty well, and again the whole regional interest thing: I'm not getting into any better colleges in northern New England, except for a big maybe on BC, if you consider it better, though people can argue pretty well on which is better.

However, if there is no ED boost then I see no point except to get my rejection letter sooner.

Troianii

Silver

Re: BU ED boost?

Post by Troianii » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:38 pm

nvm, answered my own question. Feel like an a** for it, but just in case someone else has the same question in the near future I'll leave this up. The answer is no, but BU doesn't stiff people who ED.

"...Students admitted via the Distinguished Scholars Binding Early Decision Program will receive a full tuition scholarship which will be applied to tuition charges for all three years of the JD program."

From BU's own application. :roll: Definitely should have picked up on that haha.

Billy Madison

Bronze

Re: BU ED boost?

Post by Billy Madison » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:02 am

Good to know. I'm applying there also, but I kinda hope I don't have to go there because their YRP isn't great. I think I figured it out to be like 45k out-of-pocket? It's been a while since I looked at the tuition for BU and BC, but I think it was roughly that for both.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”