December LSAT for this cycle? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
badgerdude

New

December LSAT for this cycle?

Post by badgerdude » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:52 pm

If I apply by Thanksgiving, then take the Dec LSAT and score significantly higher, how will that affect admissions? Would it have been beneficial to have my highest LSAT score before my Thanksgiving application or does it not really matter if my highest score comes in the middle of the cycle?

Thanks

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: December LSAT for this cycle?

Post by lymenheimer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:26 pm

I'm not really following your thought process through your question, but essentially it depends on your current vs projected score and the schools to which you are applying. If you apply now with weak numbers, you may get promptly denied even with a pending take. I'm not sure how you plan on transferring your higher score to pre-Thanksgiving, but the answer to that question would be "yes, it would be better to have a highest LSAT score reported earlier in the cycle."

badgerdude

New

Post by badgerdude » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:03 am

lymenheimer wrote:I'm not really following your thought process through your question, but essentially it depends on your current vs projected score and the schools to which you are applying. If you apply now with weak numbers, you may get promptly denied even with a pending take. I'm not sure how you plan on transferring your higher score to pre-Thanksgiving, but the answer to that question would be "yes, it would be better to have a highest LSAT score reported earlier in the cycle."
Thanks for the response. My current score is borderline for the schools I'm applying to, either right above, right at, or right below median. I'm pretty sure I can get a few extra points. I have little issue with postponing another year, so my primary question is whether I should take the December LSAT and go for this cycle or, if doing so would already set me back because I took it in the middle of the cycle, make sure I have as much time to prepare as possible and just wait out another cycle and matriculate fall of 2017 instead.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:06 am

Applying in january isn't going to put you too far behind everyone else. If you end up not being satisfied with your outcome, then you can postpone your matriculation and reapply early next cycle. That'll give you another chance at the LSAT as well if you aren't opposed to taking it again. But it's really just preference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”