Education Section of Applications Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thesnuzzard

New

Education Section of Applications

Post by thesnuzzard » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:37 am

Hi! I have a few questions on the education section of the applications that I was hoping some of you could help me with.

1. All apps say list ALL educational institutions attended. Many include high school as an option, so I included my hs on the first app I filled, and it auto-filled into all my next appt. When I went to review my education information for a few schools later on and clicked on my high school to edit my GPA, I found that High School wasn't actually included as an option and I couldn't save my changes. Should I just delete the high school addition for those schools?
2. Should I also be listing my study abroad school in this section? It's a little awkward because the dates overlap with my undergraduate dates (obviously)
3. If I graduated with honors, what is the best way to include that in the awards received? As in, what kind of name for the award and description. I have the title as Graduated with Distinction and the description as Graduated with Honors, but this seems crazy repetitive to me.

Also, probably a stupid question, but does being a Registered Nurse constitute a "professional degree"? Not sure what to put for my mom's highest education level.

Thank you in advance!

ihenry

Silver

Re: Education Section of Applications

Post by ihenry » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 am

1. If high school is a mandatory field, you should provide the information (otherwise you can't submit). This actually occurred to me when I was filling up my third application, and my subsequent applications were auto filled. I don't see this could be an issue. If this is not an option for some schools, just remove it.

2. Yes.

3. It's not that repetitive actually. You can just put it there.

4. Probably not, unless it's a postgraduate degree on nursing. I imagine CFA, CPA, architecture, etc. all have licenses as a requirement to practice, but they are not professional degrees by themselves.

PoopyPants

Bronze

Post by PoopyPants » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:59 pm

thesnuzzard wrote: Also, probably a stupid question, but does being a Registered Nurse constitute a "professional degree"? Not sure what to put for my mom's highest education level.

Thank you in advance!
It's not a stupid question. The RN part of being a nurse is your professional license. However, your degree is an Associates (or a BSN, or an MSN). Your degree is just a degree in nursing science. That said, if it asks for professional licenses, definitely list your nursing license.

thesnuzzard

New

Post by thesnuzzard » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Thank you both for your help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”