My Strategy - LORs and WE Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Maggie125

New

My Strategy - LORs and WE

Post by Maggie125 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello,

This is my first post as I start this journey. I am interested in feedback on the strategy I have devised for getting into law school, which is based off of everything I have learned about the process in the past couple of years.

My background: I have a 3.0 undergraduate GPA from UVA. I am interested in going to a T14 school (of course) and working in public interest.

Since graduating I have been gaining WE as a paralegal at a big-law firm, and I am now a paralegal in the federal govt.

Also, since graduating I have picked up several public interest-legal related volunteer activities.

I would say I am dead-set and motivated for this, and that my experience suggests I am serious about Public Interest, so I am planning on taking the LSAT in June, giving me plenty of time.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything? Thank you!

mist4bison

Gold

Re: My Strategy - LORs and WE

Post by mist4bison » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:19 pm

The WE and chance of good LORs is great! Just make sure you focus on the LSAT. If you hop on over to lawschoolnumbers or lawschoolpredictor you can browse/play around with numbers to see where your LSAT would need to fall in conjunction with your 3.0 to make you a viable applicant for t14 schools.

vitaquonex

New

Re: My Strategy - LORs and WE

Post by vitaquonex » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:33 pm

I would recommend that you consider taking the February LSAT as well. Most people score better on retakes. Plus if your sick or something goes wrong for whatever reason, you're still able to take the June test and submit your apps as soon as the schools start their cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”