Am I barking up the right trees? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GriefBacon

New

Am I barking up the right trees?

Post by GriefBacon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:40 pm

Last edited by GriefBacon on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poldy

Silver

Re: Am I barking up the right trees?

Post by Poldy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 pm

You really need an LSAT score first.

That said, if you get into the 170s then don't sell yourself short. Plenty of good schools will take a 170+ LSAT, even with a low GPA, with scholarship money. I did pretty well from UT on down with a GPA barely higher than yours and I didn't have ten years of work experience.

I can't speak to T14 schools but maybe NU with a 170s LSAT. No idea about scholarship money though. Someone else will be more helpful there.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:39 pm

Whatever you do, don't take what you may read in the Lounge too seriously...Or do, I'm not the police.

carmensandiego

Bronze

Post by carmensandiego » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:48 pm

For those schools, GPA doesn't "really matter," as long as your LSAT score is credible. Plus, you're an older applicant with work experience; that will help any deficiency in your UG (1 or 2) GPA.

However, you mentioned aid, Chicago-Kent, and Labor and Employment field. CK has a great labor/employment program, Malin is VERY well known in the Chicago area and he essentially can get a student in his program a job quickly. Most of the students in that program, who don't just fool around, get great jobs after graduation whether they be management or labor side. Additionally, CK's labor and employment program has a large scholarship fund and they throw money at people (not even kidding).

If you have any other questions about that program when you get your LSAT or just questions in general, feel free to PM me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”