Best way to remind Prof to submit LOR? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tweedledee

New

Best way to remind Prof to submit LOR?

Post by tweedledee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:55 pm

I requested a LOR from a professor who knows me well in July, and said that the deadline to submit would be mid-Sept. He immediately responded saying yes, and that he looked forward to writing me a strong rec, but that I should get him all my materials and the LSAC link in late August, which I did. By mid-Sept., he hadn't submitted anything or even opened the link, so I checked in to send him a revised copy of my personal statement and gently asking if he would submit the LOR in 1-2 weeks. He responded on the same day saying he would do so. It's now over two weeks later and the rec still isn't submitted and I'm slightly freaking out because I want all my apps to be submitted and complete in the next week or two. What's the best and most polite way to remind him to submit ASAP? Should I give him a hard deadline? Is that too much?

FYI, I'm no longer a student at this school. I've been out of school for about 2 years, but still live in the same city.

pd_1023

New

Re: Best way to remind Prof to submit LOR?

Post by pd_1023 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:33 pm

So it's been about a month since you last contacted him? I think a followup email under the guise of making sure the letter didn't get lost in the system with a gentle reminder of your pending deadlines is appropriate. Some people just need to be reminded.

tweedledee

New

Re: Best way to remind Prof to submit LOR?

Post by tweedledee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks! It's been about two and a half weeks since I last emailed him. But in that email, I specified I'm going to start submitting apps in October and asked for the LOR to be submitted in 1-2 weeks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”