Should i ED WUSTL Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yfang12

New

Should i ED WUSTL

Post by yfang12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:37 am

So here is my situation.

I had 2 year transfer work at a CC in seattle and couple more classed from an other CC in iowa after i transferred, just for GE class.
I would have a gpa of 3.4-3.5 depending on how well i do on the class i m taking right now and before my law school application.
My LSAT practice set me somewhere between 168-172, assuming i can get that score in Oct.

Should i ED WUSTL? Because i heard they give full tuition coverage for all ED students.

OR i should pick another school,like a T14? if so any recommendations? location does not matter to me, anywhere but California is fine.

OR i dont have a shot at all...

hearsay77

Silver

Re: Should i ED WUSTL

Post by hearsay77 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:20 am

Don't ED, but you will definitely have a shot at a full ride if you apply RD to WUSTL and for decent $$ at lower T14s.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:17 am

hearsay77 wrote:Don't ED, but you will definitely have a shot at a full ride if you apply RD to WUSTL and for decent $$ at lower T14s.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 am

What they said. WUSTL will throw money at you with RD.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:53 pm

get the 172 and then ED NW

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:get the 172 and then ED NW
*nu

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Clearly wrote:
*nu
I always call it NW because that's their abbreviation in sports

cbro

New

Post by cbro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:10 pm

I was accepted to WUSTL ED this last cycle. After a lot of consideration my specific situation made ED the right choice so PM me if you would like details. I did ug at Iowa so maybe I can relate

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:37 pm

It's kind of tough for me to think of a situation where it really makes sense. Maybe if you're from St. Louis and are 100% sure you never want to leave. Maybe. Even then, if your career goals involve biglaw or if you want to gun for an A3 clerkship, I wouldn't do it.

It's not like applying RD will hurt you that much scholarship-wise at WUSTL: the school is quite generous with merit aid. But it will prevent you from having other options before you even know that those options might be. Just remember: there is a huge difference between WUSTL's placement power and that of any T14.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yfang12

New

Post by yfang12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:53 pm

hoos89 wrote:It's kind of tough for me to think of a situation where it really makes sense. Maybe if you're from St. Louis and are 100% sure you never want to leave. Maybe. Even then, if your career goals involve biglaw or if you want to gun for an A3 clerkship, I wouldn't do it.

It's not like applying RD will hurt you that much scholarship-wise at WUSTL: the school is quite generous with merit aid. But it will prevent you from having other options before you even know that those options might be. Just remember: there is a huge difference between WUSTL's placement power and that of any T14.

So if i want to gun for biglaw which school should i consider?

yfang12

New

Post by yfang12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
Clearly wrote:
*nu
I always call it NW because that's their abbreviation in sports
Thanks! I am living in Chicago area right now (150 miles away) and i would like to work in Chicago afterward, is just NU is high standard.. i am worried about my GPA.

yfang12

New

Post by yfang12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:56 pm

hoos89 wrote:It's kind of tough for me to think of a situation where it really makes sense. Maybe if you're from St. Louis and are 100% sure you never want to leave. Maybe. Even then, if your career goals involve biglaw or if you want to gun for an A3 clerkship, I wouldn't do it.

And i live in Chicago area right now, and my plan is move to chicago after graduation. i was thinking i probably cant get into NU and Uchicago, so that WUSTL is not tooo far away..

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:14 pm

WUSTL makes pretty much zero sense if you want to go to Chicago. You stand a pretty good chance for northwestern, particularly if you get some work experience. I also wouldn't ignore UIUC. The beauty of RD is that you don't have to focus on any one school until you know where you got in and how much each school will cost. If I were you I'd pretty much blanket the T14 along with some Midwestern T1s (UIUC, Notre Dame, and still WUSTL for the scholarship leverage, probably a few others).
Last edited by hoos89 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Dude I got into northwestern with a 2.8gpa, just ace the lsat

hearsay77

Silver

Post by hearsay77 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Clearly wrote:Dude I got into northwestern with a 2.8gpa, just ace the lsat
Yea I got in with a scholarship with very similar stats to yours

yfang12

New

Post by yfang12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Clearly wrote:Dude I got into northwestern with a 2.8gpa, just ace the lsat

Do you have a tons of work experience or something? How high you got on the LSAT? I would love love love to go to NU just could not dream about it...

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:03 pm

I did well on the LSAT, but so can you. WUSTL doesn't make sense for you, so I suggest you work your ass off and beat the LSAT and go to northwestern. Your GPA isn't even bad, you can get into even better schools...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yfang12

New

Post by yfang12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:04 pm

hoos89 wrote:WUSTL makes pretty much zero sense if you want to go to Chicago. You stand a pretty good chance for northwestern, particularly if you get some work experience. I also wouldn't ignore UIUC. The beauty of RD is that you don't have to focus on any one school until you know where you got in and how much each school will cost. If I were you I'd pretty much blanket the T14 along with some Midwestern T1s (UIUC, Notre Dame, and still WUSTL for the scholarship leverage, probably a few others).
I think i m gonna blanket from T7 - T14, and some other T1s, does law school only look at your GPA from LSAC? Or you need to turning another copy from each ug to each law school? Because my first two years at a CC sucked so much..

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Schools only care about your cumulative LSDAS GPA (it will include your CC grades) because that's the one they report for rankings purposes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”