UG GPA v LSAC GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lalawlsat

UG GPA v LSAC GPA

Postby lalawlsat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi,

Do law schools look at undergraduate GPA or your LSAC GPA (or combination of both)? Personally, LSAC GPA consists of a few study abroad courses, community college classes I took at community college in high school and college to satisfy breadth requirements. For this reason, my LSAC GPA is much higher than UG GPA. UG GPA is from UC Berkeley, if that makes any difference (public university, ranked well).

Thanks in advance TLC community!

Lawdood

Re: UG GPA v LSAC GPA

Postby Lawdood » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:11 pm

lalawlsat wrote:Hi,

Do law schools look at undergraduate GPA or your LSAC GPA (or combination of both)? Personally, LSAC GPA consists of a few study abroad courses, community college classes I took at community college in high school and college to satisfy breadth requirements. For this reason, my LSAC GPA is much higher than UG GPA. UG GPA is from UC Berkeley, if that makes any difference (public university, ranked well).

Thanks in advance TLC community!

LSAC

JFO1833

Postby JFO1833 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Based on the LSAC admissions index (sorry can't find a direct link to it, but you can find it by logging into your account) just three schools count the degree GPA in their admissions index. Every other school that provided an index indicated that they use the LSAC GPA.

Cleveland-Marshall
Seattle
Vermont

A number schools did not provide index information so the list may not be exhaustive but it's highly likely they use LSAC too.

KMart

Postby KMart » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 pm

JFO1833 wrote:A number schools did not provide index information so the list may not be exhaustive but it's highly likely they use LSAC too.

The schools OP should apply to all use the LSAC GPA.

SPerez

Postby SPerez » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

JFO1833 wrote:Based on the LSAC admissions index (sorry can't find a direct link to it, but you can find it by logging into your account) just three schools count the degree GPA in their admissions index. Every other school that provided an index indicated that they use the LSAC GPA.

Cleveland-Marshall
Seattle
Vermont

A number schools did not provide index information so the list may not be exhaustive but it's highly likely they use LSAC too.

While these schools might use the degree GPA for their own internal indexes for their own internal purposes, all law schools are required to use the LSAC GPA when reporting their medians so ultimately that's the one that matters.

Dean Perez

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”