Second ED if rejected after ED at UVA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kkrunner

New

Second ED if rejected after ED at UVA?

Post by kkrunner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:49 pm

UVA states that a decision for ED applications will be made within 15 days. If I applied ED at UVA the day applications open and get rejected, would it be possible to apply ED to another school?

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post removed.

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

DCNTUA

Bronze

Re: Second ED if rejected after ED at UVA?

Post by DCNTUA » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:35 pm

kkrunner wrote:UVA states that a decision for ED applications will be made within 15 days. If I applied ED at UVA the day applications open and get rejected, would it be possible to apply ED to another school?
Yes

kkrunner

New

Post by kkrunner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:52 pm

DCNTUA wrote:
kkrunner wrote:UVA states that a decision for ED applications will be made within 15 days. If I applied ED at UVA the day applications open and get rejected, would it be possible to apply ED to another school?
Yes
Okay, thanks. Is there any way that the second school would be able to see that they were my second ED app?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:53 pm

No. So yes, you can ED UVA and then ED GULC (guessing that's your plan).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:54 pm

If you ED, it's very likely you will end up paying 250K or more for your legal education.

ETA: Not worth it.

kkrunner

New

Post by kkrunner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:No. So yes, you can ED UVA and then ED GULC (guessing that's your plan).
Either GULC or UGA. SC resident, so the latter would be my top (affordable) regional school.

future!jd12

New

Post by future!jd12 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:43 pm

kkrunner wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:No. So yes, you can ED UVA and then ED GULC (guessing that's your plan).
Either GULC or UGA. SC resident, so the latter would be my top (affordable) regional school.
If UVA isn't that big of a reach for you there is no reason to ED UGA. Don't ED Georgetown.

kkrunner

New

Post by kkrunner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 pm

future!jd12 wrote:
kkrunner wrote:
If UVA isn't that big of a reach for you there is no reason to ED UGA. Don't ED Georgetown.
UVA will definitely be a stretch. I'm a splitter, so that's why I plan on applying early decision to either school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eed333

New

Post by eed333 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 pm

kkrunner wrote:
future!jd12 wrote:
kkrunner wrote:
UVA will definitely be a stretch. I'm a splitter, so that's why I plan on applying early decision to either school.
I think if you're competitive-ish for UVA, you could get significant $ at UGA (http://georgia.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... cholarship)

future!jd12

New

Post by future!jd12 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:27 pm

kkrunner wrote:
future!jd12 wrote:
kkrunner wrote:
I got into UVA this cycle regular decision as a splitter. PM me for details if you're interested

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm a splitter and I got surprisingly good money and acceptances from some schools, and rejections from other schools that I would have considered safeties. It's unpredictable, which is why you should apply broadly unless you have some kind of pressing need to know where you'll be 9+ months in advance.

kkrunner

New

Post by kkrunner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 pm

eed333 wrote:
kkrunner wrote:
future!jd12 wrote:
kkrunner wrote:
I think if you're competitive-ish for UVA, you could get significant $ at UGA (http://georgia.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... cholarship)
Thanks for the link! Probably a dumb question, but is the scholarship $ amount list annual or just a total amount?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 am

It's total. Also how are you paying for school?

kkrunner

New

Post by kkrunner » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:42 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:It's total. Also how are you paying for school?
Lottery tickets and selling my plasma

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:43 am

ya dont ED then lol. ED UVA should be only for GI bill/yellow ribbon people basically

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”