Best time to apply for either spring, summer or fall 2016 ??? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Consigliere3

New

Best time to apply for either spring, summer or fall 2016 ???

Post by Consigliere3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi all,
Plan on taking the LSAT in October of this year. Providing I get a decent grade on the LSAT, Would like to enter either in the spring, summer or fall of 2016.

is it too early to apply now, even though the test is approximately 3 months away?

Thanks In advance for your advice

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: Best time to apply for either spring, summer or fall 2016 ???

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:45 am

What

You cant apply now applications aren't even open

Generally speaking all law schools start in the fall

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:57 am

What the above poster said. Most law schools open applications on 09/01 or sometime around then. Apply then if you want. It helps to be earlier, although it's not a major issue if you apply a couple months thereafter.

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:11 am

If you are really motivated, you can start filling out the application right when it opens (different for every school) and then actually submit it right when your LSAT score comes back. But if working on your application in any way detracts from studying for the LSAT, don't do it. If you really really want to get started right at this very moment, you can start working on a draft of your personal statement and start brushing up your resume as the prompt for these items doesn't really change. I would just focus on the LSAT right now though.

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:01 pm

ChemEng1642 wrote:If you are really motivated, you can start filling out the application right when it opens (different for every school) and then actually submit it right when your LSAT score comes back. But if working on your application in any way detracts from studying for the LSAT, don't do it. If you really really want to get started right at this very moment, you can start working on a draft of your personal statement and start brushing up your resume as the prompt for these items doesn't really change. I would just focus on the LSAT right now though.
You have almost a month between taking LSAT and getting score. I think that is a great time to get the paperwork started etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”