Don't end up like me (Regrets upon regrets)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Don't end up like me (Regrets upon regrets)

Postby lawman84 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:52 am

minnbills wrote:Just lol at TLS right now. Some day, someone is going to do a wicked case study on this place.

This guy is 100% right. OP, I'm sorry about your experience so far. Gun hard for clerkships. At top 5% you should land a pretty good one.

The whole "booming" economy thing is only applicable to law in the MA/Corporate context. Outside of that, the basic fact remains: there are not enough legal jobs to go around.

T14 or don't go at all. Seriously people.

The straits aren't as dire as people here make it seem. The T14 or don't go at all line is hogwash. Sure, going to TTT and TTTT schools is generally a bad idea unless you have a job going in and just need a law degree and/or you're getting a full ride.(and if you're getting a full ride, you better have significant connections if you don't have a job locked up going in)

But there are plenty of T2 and T1 schools worth attending if you get a good scholarship and are fine with not working big law. Plenty of good regional jobs available to graduates. Yes, you're going to have to work hard in law school and do well. But that's life. It's a competitive industry.

No, there aren't enough legal jobs to go around to all four tiers of law schools but there are plenty of legal jobs for T1 and T2 students.(even some for TTT and TTTT students) Just don't finish at the bottom of your class and don't load yourself up on debt.

There are plenty of successful lawyers that didn't go to T14 schools. You just need to go into law school with your eyes open and plan for the future.(i.e. don't go into $200,000 of debt for a T2 school)

Re: Don't end up like me (Regrets upon regrets)

Postby jbagelboy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:42 am

You had a 4.19 in college?

What the fuck

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”