Is this practice LSAT score promising for a High School Senior? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chubwagon

New

Is this practice LSAT score promising for a High School Senior?

Post by chubwagon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:05 pm

I was poking around online and decided I'd take a practice LSAT, the actual 2007 LSAT. I ended up getting a 153, and I took it pretty much cold. I had looked at LSAT questions before, but have never looked at a "tips to improve your score" or whatever website to increase my chances. While taking it, I also realized that time was a pretty big factor in my score, and that if I had answered all questions at the same rate of right answers, my score would've been a 157, not HYS level, but a significant difference from a 153 in terms of percentage. I just want to know if this is a promising score for someone who hasn't yet started college?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Is this practice LSAT score promising for a High School Senior?

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 pm

For a high school student, an LSAT score of 153 without prior preparation is very promising.

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 am

153 as a high school student seems like a lot of potential. I think more importantly though the best advice I could give you at this point is stop looking at the Lsat for at least 2.5 years. There are a very limited amount of actual LSAT Tests/questions in the world, do not waste them so long before your test.]

You want a passive improvement, read a lot of academic (and think about it as you read it) text to improve on RC. Do logicy things like Sudoku or stuff.

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:39 am

Auxilio wrote:153 as a high school student seems like a lot of potential. I think more importantly though the best advice I could give you at this point is stop looking at the Lsat for at least 2.5 years. There are a very limited amount of actual LSAT Tests/questions in the world, do not waste them so long before your test.]

You want a passive improvement, read a lot of academic (and think about it as you read it) text to improve on RC. Do logicy things like Sudoku or stuff.
+1. Good work. Now forget about the LSAT for another couple of years. First of all, you are probably too young to know for certain you want to be a lawyer. Sure, you might eventually decide its the right path for you, but go into college with an open mind. Study something interesting (and get good grades). Have some fun. Explore the world a bit. Read a ton. Get some work experience. And if you decide law is for you that 153 as a senior in HS indicates you could end up doing very well on the LSAT with some prep. But don't pigeonhole yourself now or waste limited prep materials. Congrats on the score though, you should feel pretty proud about that, and good luck!

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:14 am

Yes it's promising. Make sure to get at least a 3.9 GPA in college and look at very early LSAT questions a few times a month until you start studying your soph/junior year in college.

Just don't get obsessed with the LSAT this early on. And to reiterate, you need to get a high GPA. And if you don't want to become a lawyer after you get to undergrad, that's fine too.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:18 am

Yeah that's good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”