LSAC Application Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Viking234

LSAC Application Question

Postby Viking234 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi there, hopefully this is fully understandable as I'll try to articulate it the best way that I can and thank you for taking the time to read this. I applied to some law schools back a few months ago, and forgot to send some updated C&F Stuff (because I misunderstood that C&F was from when I was a minor too, so I had to report the events during my young days) to the law schools that I eventually didn't get into - the one I did send it to continued to accept me so that's really not a big deal. That update was via email, and not LSAC.
I've had a change of heart and am looking to go to law school in a different state, and their deadline is June 15th (I'm guessing low numbers). Since I want to apply, I will obviously send them all of my complete C&F explanations. However, since it won't be identical or the same as my other applications since I forgot to send the updated C&F stuff to them, would LSAC possibly ding me for an irregularity or misconduct? I'd rather not have it, and I'm worried about it.

Hopefully you can understand my question, if not, PM me for a better explanation if you're willing to help answer.

Thank you.

MurdockLLP

Re: LSAC Application Question

Postby MurdockLLP » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Each school may ask a different question, in regards to C&F, and most likely you will not have identical applications regardless of your mistake. So long as you notify the new school of all your C&F issues, you should have no issues. However, note that you may be rejected to this school solely because of your late application.

You probably should not attend this school for two reasons: (1) they are accepting applications this late (2) even if you do get accepted, the possibility that you get awarded sizeable scholarships is low.

TCR here is going to be reapply next year.

antiworldly

Postby antiworldly » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:53 pm

If the issue comes up, explain it like you just did. It was an honest oversight that you corrected as soon as you noticed it and you should be fine.

Viking234

Postby Viking234 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:57 pm

antiworldly wrote:If the issue comes up, explain it like you just did. It was an honest oversight that you corrected as soon as you noticed it and you should be fine.

I didn't really have time to correct it with the ones I forgot to send the update to. I got rejection letters via email, and I immediately thought "Oh shit, I forgot to update them"

Viking234

Postby Viking234 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:58 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:Each school may ask a different question, in regards to C&F, and most likely you will not have identical applications regardless of your mistake. So long as you notify the new school of all your C&F issues, you should have no issues. However, note that you may be rejected to this school solely because of your late application.

You probably should not attend this school for two reasons: (1) they are accepting applications this late (2) even if you do get accepted, the possibility that you get awarded sizeable scholarships is low.

I understand what you're saying, I just hear horror stories about people who get picked off by LSAC due to irregularities

antiworldly

Postby antiworldly » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Viking234 wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Each school may ask a different question, in regards to C&F, and most likely you will not have identical applications regardless of your mistake. So long as you notify the new school of all your C&F issues, you should have no issues. However, note that you may be rejected to this school solely because of your late application.

I understand what you're saying, I just hear horror stories about people who get picked off by LSAC due to irregularities

Irregularities that would get you in trouble would be deleting C&F stuff, not adding it in. There's not much you can do at this point, but I think you'll do fine.

Viking234

Postby Viking234 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:06 pm

antiworldly wrote:
Viking234 wrote:

Irregularities that would get you in trouble would be deleting C&F stuff, not adding it in. There's not much you can do at this point, but I think you'll do fine.

So even though the other apps wouldn't have the current C&F stuff, I wouldn't get hit with an irregularity? And how does somebody "delete" C&F stuff?

antiworldly

Postby antiworldly » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:31 am

Viking234 wrote:
antiworldly wrote:
Viking234 wrote:

So even though the other apps wouldn't have the current C&F stuff, I wouldn't get hit with an irregularity? And how does somebody "delete" C&F stuff?

If you do get dinged, it'll be explainable and you should come out the other side unscathed. At this point the only bad C&F move for you to make is to not disclose it on your new application. That would be intentionally not disclosing relevant information that you knew at the time was relevant, and is a great way to run into trouble. Always err on the side of disclosure, over-disclosing won't hurt you but under-disclosing will certainly have adverse consequences.

MurdockLLP

Postby MurdockLLP » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:56 am

Viking234 wrote:
antiworldly wrote:
Viking234 wrote:

While I've already mentioned why you should probably wait until next cycle anyway, so long as you fully disclose your C&F issues to this new school, you will have no issues with LSAC. As I also mentioned, every school asks different questions depending on their respective Bar requirements; for instance some of my schools asked about any traffic violations while others did not. I have not heard of any LSAC related horror stories (outside of issues while taking the LSAT), so you probably shouldn't worry. Regardless, there's nothing you can do now (in respects to this concern) besides fully disclose going forward, so your worries are unnecessary.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”