Do admission offices track applicant's emails?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PumaPounce

Do admission offices track applicant's emails?

Postby PumaPounce » Tue May 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Just a curious question: Do law school admissions offices track the emails we send to their offices? I know that loci and thank you letters are put in our "file" but how about the mundane emails we send?

I was at a Georgetown info session last month and they said they tracked the applicant's "obsessively". Just wondering how obsessive they really are.

TasmanianToucan

Re: Do admission offices track applicant's emails?

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue May 26, 2015 3:19 pm

True or not what an odd way for them to phrase it.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 26, 2015 3:28 pm

PumaPounce wrote:Just a curious question: Do law school admissions offices track the emails we send to their offices? I know that loci and thank you letters are put in our "file" but how about the mundane emails we send?

I was at a Georgetown info session last month and they said they tracked the applicant's "obsessively". Just wondering how obsessive they really are.

Yeah, I had an admissions officer tell me that they put every correspondence into an applicant's file so nothing was forgotten.

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 pm

PumaPounce wrote:Just a curious question: Do law school admissions offices track the emails we send to their offices? I know that loci and thank you letters are put in our "file" but how about the mundane emails we send?

Every halfway professionally run business would log all communications with a client/customer in their database or keep a record in some other fashion. I'd be very surprised if schools wouldn't do the same. That is not a matter of obsessing over students, but simply a good professional practice.

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Tue May 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Anecdotal:

HLS does a very good job at keeping tabs. My interview included information from my application (Oct), update (Dec) and LOCI (Mar).

Columbia is a horror story. No correspondence whatsoever. Check the Columbia 2018 for details.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”