Question about a splitter

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
arkgawilson

Question about a splitter

Postby arkgawilson » Wed May 20, 2015 1:56 am

Hi,
I really appreciate any feedback I can get about being a potential splitter. Potential because I am still planning to retake the LSAT in October, and hope to get in the Mid 160's (that's what I've been practicing at regularly). My undergrad LSAC gpa is 3.50, and I have attended a doctoral program but left before completing the whole degree, graduate gpa is 4.0 though (PsyD- Clinical Psychology).

I'm wondering if any of the top T2's would accept a 3.5 LSAT 165, let alone get some decent scholarship money. Although I didn't get on TLS in my doctoral program much, I review the forums and at least know enough to know that I don't need to go to a school unless I get funding, or go to a reasonable number program so I can get a decent paying job after graduation for my loans.

Specifically curious about Vandy, ASU, and Emory. Thank you in advance!

Poldy

Re: Question about a splitter

Postby Poldy » Wed May 20, 2015 2:16 am

Check out mylsn.info for acceptance and money chances. Your GPA is good enough that with a few more LSAT points you'd probably be sitting pretty well off. I'd retake and shoot for 170+.

arkgawilson

Postby arkgawilson » Wed May 20, 2015 3:04 am

RancidSumo wrote:Check out mylsn.info for acceptance and money chances. Your GPA is good enough that with a few more LSAT points you'd probably be sitting pretty well off. I'd retake and shoot for 170+.

Would that put me in a good enough position for say Vandy, or long shot, Duke or Georgetown? I'm also gay, so I don't know if that adds anything for any program.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed May 20, 2015 3:21 am

You should get lower T14 with $$ with a 3.5/170+ and that could put you in NW ED range (full tuition)

LGBT status in and of itself will provide no boost, if you can write a good personal statement about it it then that might help a little but your numbers are going to determine your admissions outcome

arkgawilson

Postby arkgawilson » Wed May 20, 2015 3:24 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:You should get lower T14 with $$ with a 3.5/170+ and that could put you in NW ED range (full tuition)

LGBT status in and of itself will provide no boost, if you can write a good personal statement about it it then that might help a little but your numbers are going to determine your admissions outcome

I would LOVE to go to NW. The doctoral program I was in was in Chicago, and I actually took my first LSAT test at Northwestern. But if I did their ED program is what you're saying. Is that possible if you will be using the score from the Oct 2015 LSAT?

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed May 20, 2015 3:27 am

yes their deadline is in Dec

arkgawilson

Postby arkgawilson » Wed May 20, 2015 3:59 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:yes their deadline is in Dec

Dang, I think you made my night.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”