Tulane vs. Florida State vs. Waitlisted Iowa Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CoreyUCF

New

Tulane vs. Florida State vs. Waitlisted Iowa

Post by CoreyUCF » Sun May 17, 2015 11:42 am

Hey guys, i'm pretty confused as to what I want to do about choosing a school. I've been accepted into Tulane for around a 1/3 tuition scholarship as well as Florida State for 10k a year but i'm in state so it's about a 2/3 scholarship. I've also been waitlisted for Iowa. I'm also waiting on the Arizona schools as well and i'd really like to be in Arizona for school and while practicing. My goals are to do Biglaw or something in sports. I guess my question is which school would be best and does anyone have any experience at any school and can give me some insight? Thanks!

starry eyed

Gold

Re: Tulane vs. Florida State vs. Waitlisted Iowa

Post by starry eyed » Sun May 17, 2015 11:45 am

CoreyUCF wrote:Hey guys, i'm pretty confused as to what I want to do about choosing a school. I've been accepted into Tulane for around a 1/3 tuition scholarship as well as Florida State for 10k a year but i'm in state so it's about a 2/3 scholarship. I've also been waitlisted for Iowa. I'm also waiting on the Arizona schools as well and i'd really like to be in Arizona for school and while practicing. My goals are to do Biglaw or something in sports. I guess my question is which school would be best and does anyone have any experience at any school and can give me some insight? Thanks!
where are you from and where do you want to work?

if you are from fl and are fine with working in fl, then the choice is easy

But you need to be more flexible with your goals or retake because biglaw or sportlaw (?) is not likely from any of those options.

Sports law is not really a realistic expectation. Mainly bc ppl like you are all gunning for them which means buku competition, which means they got go the ppl at the top schools or ppl with top grades.

CoreyUCF

New

Post by CoreyUCF » Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 am

starry eyed wrote:
CoreyUCF wrote:Hey guys, i'm pretty confused as to what I want to do about choosing a school. I've been accepted into Tulane for around a 1/3 tuition scholarship as well as Florida State for 10k a year but i'm in state so it's about a 2/3 scholarship. I've also been waitlisted for Iowa. I'm also waiting on the Arizona schools as well and i'd really like to be in Arizona for school and while practicing. My goals are to do Biglaw or something in sports. I guess my question is which school would be best and does anyone have any experience at any school and can give me some insight? Thanks!

But you need to be more flexible with your goals or retake because biglaw or sportlaw (?) is not likely from any of those options.

Sports law is not really a realistic expectation. Mainly bc ppl like you are all gunning for them which means buku competition, which means they got go the ppl at the top schools or ppl with top grades.
I'd like to get out of Florida and practice in either Arizona or Chicago. I've strongly considered retaking but this last semester wasn't good to me so my GPA has dipped pretty low and I don't think retaking would help that much.

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Sun May 17, 2015 12:01 pm

CoreyUCF wrote:
starry eyed wrote:

I'd like to get out of Florida and practice in either Arizona or Chicago. I've strongly considered retaking but this last semester wasn't good to me so my GPA has dipped pretty low and I don't think retaking would help that much.
Tulane has the most reach of those schools, but they really just send the top 15% or so to NYC

can you tell us what your gpa is and your lsat and how long you studied for it?

also, do you have family or any other ties to Chic or AZ?

CoreyUCF

New

Post by CoreyUCF » Sun May 17, 2015 12:03 pm

starry eyed wrote:
CoreyUCF wrote:
starry eyed wrote:

Tulane has the most reach of those schools, but they really just send the top 10% to NYC

First off, thanks for responding. Second, my GPA was a 3.15 and my LSAT was a 159. I studied for roughly 9 months and was PTing 166-172 but either stress got to me or I was just a pro PTer. That's a huge reason why I considered retaking because i'm confident that a 170+ was possible. Last semester the stress of the LSAT and choosing a law school got to me and my GPA dipped to around a 3.0

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Sun May 17, 2015 12:09 pm

CoreyUCF wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
CoreyUCF wrote:
starry eyed wrote:

Tulane has the most reach of those schools, but they really just send the top 10% to NYC

First off, thanks for responding. Second, my GPA was a 3.15 and my LSAT was a 159. I studied for roughly 9 months and was PTing 166-172 but either stress got to me or I was just a pro PTer. That's a huge reason why I considered retaking because i'm confident that a 170+ was possible. Last semester the stress of the LSAT and choosing a law school got to me and my GPA dipped to around a 3.0
ok then you really need to max out your retakes, You can get into T20 with $$ or a lower T14 for an expensive price (it's hard to make up for that gpa).
not only that, but it will bump up your current scholarship offers at tulane, FSU, and iowa
check out mylsn.info to play around with the numbers to see what lsat you will need to get.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”