Down to a 3.2.....

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby starry eyed » Thu May 14, 2015 9:54 am

you're fine applying in dec.

But if you're an AA, and you end up with a 170 i think you'll be going to Yale.

or Vandy with a full ride

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby Gray » Thu May 14, 2015 9:58 am

AlexandraHope wrote:I'm also AA....unsure of if that matters.

yeah that changes everything - you'll have a much better shot at t14 $$$. But still aim for 170+ and apply broadly to negotiate. With a strong LSAT score you should have an excellent cycle.

I'd still encourage you to apply the fall after you graduate - you could work as a paralegal while you are applying to get a better sense of what you want to do as a lawyer. It will also help if you are applying with the best GPA possible, and as early as possible.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 14, 2015 10:25 am

Gray wrote:
AlexandraHope wrote:I'm also AA....unsure of if that matters.

yeah that changes everything - you'll have a much better shot at t14 $$$. But still aim for 170+ and apply broadly to negotiate. With a strong LSAT score you should have an excellent cycle.

I'd still encourage you to apply the fall after you graduate - you could work as a paralegal while you are applying to get a better sense of what you want to do as a lawyer. It will also help if you are applying with the best GPA possible, and as early as possible.


+1

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 am

starry eyed wrote:
AlexandraHope wrote:
starry eyed wrote:GUYS we dont have all the info yet

OP: what are your career goals and location preferences?


I want to stay in the south or near the south. I wanted to go into some form of corporate law, unsure of exactly what kind.


get a 170 and you're in Vandy with $$$.

and you'll have more than one T14 option i would bet.


I think this is overly optimistic.

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby starry eyed » Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 am

Hikkomorist wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
AlexandraHope wrote:
starry eyed wrote:GUYS we dont have all the info yet

OP: what are your career goals and location preferences?


I want to stay in the south or near the south. I wanted to go into some form of corporate law, unsure of exactly what kind.


get a 170 and you're in Vandy with $$$.

and you'll have more than one T14 option i would bet.


I think this is overly optimistic.


as an AA? gtfo here hikko.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu May 14, 2015 11:12 am

starry eyed wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
AlexandraHope wrote:
starry eyed wrote:GUYS we dont have all the info yet

OP: what are your career goals and location preferences?


I want to stay in the south or near the south. I wanted to go into some form of corporate law, unsure of exactly what kind.


get a 170 and you're in Vandy with $$$.

and you'll have more than one T14 option i would bet.


I think this is overly optimistic.


as an AA? gtfo here hikko.


Oh, shit - I missed that post.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby 071816 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:54 am

Gray wrote:yeah ED UVA was the "retake and reapply" of a few cycles ago. You'll be stuck paying sticker if it works - how is that a good idea?

ED UVA

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby starry eyed » Thu May 14, 2015 1:48 pm

chimp wrote:
Gray wrote:yeah ED UVA was the "retake and reapply" of a few cycles ago. You'll be stuck paying sticker if it works - how is that a good idea?

ED UVA


PLUS ONE

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3628
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Down to a 3.2.....

Postby KMart » Fri May 15, 2015 6:55 pm

AlexandraHope wrote:So will applying in December hurt me? I think my school's grades are due in early December no later than the 12th?

I'm also AA....unsure of if that matters.

December won't hurt you at all. That's not late. It's certainly not early, but it's not late.

AA will give you an admissions boost and is certainly helpful and certainly matters. It changes the discussion a bit.

TasmanianToucan wrote:4) Don't ED as a strategy to get into law school. That's like proposing marriage instead of asking someone out on a date.


I want to start using this as a saying...

Edit - Scooped. Somehow I missed the entire second page.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BobBoblaw, cocozhang9950 and 3 guests