AmeriCorps Service & Public Interest Law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jrdJD

AmeriCorps Service & Public Interest Law

Postby jrdJD » Sat May 09, 2015 1:18 pm

I am currently a Junior/Senior in college finishing up a 10-month leadership apprenticeship with an AmeriCorps program called Public Allies (anyone heard of it?).

I was wondering how this 1700 hour internship will look as a soft when applying to some of the top Public Interest schools. My GPA is around a 3.4 and I will be taking the October LSAT, which I plan to start studying for soon with 7sage and later in August with PowerScore.

Mack.Hambleton

Re: AmeriCorps Service & Public Interest Law

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sat May 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Same as any other soft in college, not going to compensate for low numbers

arkgawilson

Postby arkgawilson » Mon May 11, 2015 3:32 am

jrdJD wrote:I am currently a Junior/Senior in college finishing up a 10-month leadership apprenticeship with an AmeriCorps program called Public Allies (anyone heard of it?).

I was wondering how this 1700 hour internship will look as a soft when applying to some of the top Public Interest schools. My GPA is around a 3.4 and I will be taking the October LSAT, which I plan to start studying for soon with 7sage and later in August with PowerScore.

I'm not trying to dog your choice at all. What public interest programs are you looking at?

jrdJD

Postby jrdJD » Wed May 20, 2015 4:20 pm

I would like to be in NYC or D.C., or possibly California in order to enhance job prospects. I've done some research at NYU, CUNY, Georgetown, GWU, USC, UCLA and some others. I'm also interested in an MPA/MPP, so I'm trying to find schools that offer both. I'm hoping to find a school with more of a public interest culture, too. I will be graduating from the University of Cincinnati and have done a little bit of research on OSU and IU, too. Most importantly, I would like to find a school that has good LRAP as I'm not too worried about the debt I'll incur no matter where I'll end up since it will clear after 10 years (of successful payments, of course).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”