URGENT!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pbk2015

URGENT!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Postby pbk2015 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:22 pm

I am currently an undergraduate at a university with a law school that I was accepted to. My scholarship award was recently increased and I am in need of commencement tickets. I am not dead set on the school yet (deciding between it and another peer school that I already paid a first seat deposit to).

My question is, is it acceptable to request more commencement tickets to the law school admissions office in order to help me decide which school to attend?

rinkrat19

Re: URGENT!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:23 pm

pbk2015 wrote:I am currently an undergraduate at a university with a law school that I was accepted to. My scholarship award was recently increased and I am in need of commencement tickets. I am not dead set on the school yet (deciding between it and another peer school that I already paid a first seat deposit to).

My question is, is it acceptable to request more commencement tickets to the law school admissions office in order to help me decide which school to attend?

What do commencement tickets have to do with deciding between law schools?

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Flame?

seizmaar

Postby seizmaar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:24 pm

your gut is right; go for it!

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 pm

In order to receive the best feedback in this forum, please provide as much of the following information in your original post as possible:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships. Here is a helpful calculator.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

transferror

Postby transferror » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:26 pm

reflame

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 pm

FWIW, I think you should probably wait a year or two before deciding on law school.

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Ummm, this is absolutely unacceptable.

But let me get this straight, and correct me if I am wrong. You need extra commencement tickets for your undergraduate graduation ceremony and you are hoping to accomplish this by leveraging the law school at the same institution, which presumably has no control over undergraduate ceremonial events, for extra tickets?? This is lacking in understanding and not URGENT. Don't do this, unless you want to hear a resounding "NO" or want to get laughed at.

This reeks of a trolling post. I hope so, at least.

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Oh man, with this many exclamation points I just knew this was going to be an important thread.

pbk2015

Postby pbk2015 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:33 pm

BasilHallward wrote:Ummm, this is absolutely unacceptable.

But let me get this straight, and correct me if I am wrong. You need extra commencement tickets for your undergraduate graduation ceremony and you are hoping to accomplish this by leveraging the law school at the same institution, which presumably has no control over undergraduate ceremonial events, for extra tickets?? This is lacking in understanding and not URGENT. Don't do this, unless you want to hear a resounding "NO" or want to get laughed at.

Its commencement? Its a ceremony for undergraduate and graduate school students?

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Thank you all for the advice. What I am probably going to do is just accept the analyst position and in 3 years time if I still want to go to law school I will actually prepare for the lsat and retake it.

Quote from http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=244678

OP, the above quote is your best bet here. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy commencement tickets. Then I think you should accept your analyst position.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 pm

pbk2015 wrote:

Its commencement? Its a ceremony for undergraduate and graduate school students?

This poster is like an illiterate version of DaRascal.

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

pbk2015 wrote:

Are these questions because you are placing question marks at the end of your sentences.

Are you a grad student?? If no, then don't approach a school/department, of which you are not a student of, and immaturely ask for special treatment. If you are telling me that the law school graduate ceremony is on the same day, at the same time, and at the same place as all the undergraduate ceremonies (which I doubt), then you still have no basis to ask for extra tickets using a possible matriculation to their law school as leverage to force tickets from them.

How about you ask the school/department this: "I need extra tickets for my family/friends; Are they any available extra tickets for the upcoming graduation ceremony that I could have/buy?"
Last edited by BasilHallward on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMart

Postby KMart » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:41 pm

zacharus85 wrote:Oh man, with this many exclamation points I just knew this was going to be an important thread.

DON'T FORGET THE CAPS LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbk2015

Postby pbk2015 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:43 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Thank you all for the advice. What I am probably going to do is just accept the analyst position and in 3 years time if I still want to go to law school I will actually prepare for the lsat and retake it.

OP, the above quote is your best bet here. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy commencement tickets. Then I think you should accept your analyst position.

Buying and selling of commencement tickets are against the "honor code". Furthermore, you also can't receive more commencement tickets even for large donations to the school, which is complete utter bullshit.

Username123

Postby Username123 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:45 pm

pbk2015 wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:

Buying and selling of commencement tickets are against the "honor code". Furthermore, you also can't receive more commencement tickets even for large donations to the school, which is complete utter bullshit.

Sucks to suck dood

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:48 pm

pbk2015 wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:

And hastily extorting the school for extra tickets is not against the "honor code"? Buy them from your friends who have extra tickets. Again, I do not understand the emergency.

hairbear7

Postby hairbear7 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Retake.

pbk2015

Postby pbk2015 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:14 pm

rpupkin wrote:
pbk2015 wrote:

Illiterate? I was being sarcastic. If you do not know the difference between the actual commencement event and the individual departmental/school diploma awarding ceremony get the fuck out.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm

pbk2015 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
pbk2015 wrote:

Illiterate? I was being sarcastic. If you do not know the difference between the actual commencement event and the individual departmental/school diploma awarding ceremony get the fuck out.

What the fuck are you talking about?

pbk2015

Postby pbk2015 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:20 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about?

I was responding to the above posters? What the fuck are you talking about?

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Retake.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:37 pm

pbk2015 wrote:Illiterate? I was being sarcastic. If you do not know the difference between the actual commencement event and the individual departmental/school diploma awarding ceremony get the fuck out.

My bad. "Illiterate" was not the best word choice. I think "incoherent" probably works better.

Fight on.

RustyRyan

Postby RustyRyan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Popcorn time? Popcorn time.

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”