What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
i like redheads
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 am

What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby i like redheads » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:41 am

25?

arklaw13
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby arklaw13 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:42 am

probably 27

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby chuckbass » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:48 am

Probably 3 years older than the median age of 1Ls...

hdunlop
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby hdunlop » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 am

56

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10736
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:42 am

hdunlop wrote:56

Boomer & Boomer LLP checking in, apparently :P

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1921
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby cron1834 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 am

scottidsntknow wrote:Probably 3 years older than the median age of 1Ls...

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby starry eyed » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:42 pm

are younger associates treated any differently than older ones?

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10736
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:45 pm

starry eyed wrote:are younger associates treated any differently than older ones?

Older associates are technically allowed to use the younger associates as footstools, but it rarely comes up as a matter of practice outside the v50 or so.

ETA: there is no difference from what I've seen. There may be some in terms of who gets hired in the first place (debatable), but once they bring you on board I don't think they either hand-hold the little ones or favor any particular person based on age.
Last edited by Capitol_Idea on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby Cobretti » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:46 pm

zacharus85 wrote:
starry eyed wrote:are younger associates treated any differently than older ones?

Older associates are technically allowed to use the younger associates as footstools, but it rarely comes up as a matter of practice outside the v50 or so.

on the plus side young associates just get timeouts instead of formal reprimands.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby chuckbass » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:48 pm

What about short associates? Will partners use my head as an armrest?

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby starry eyed » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:50 pm

zacharus85 wrote:
starry eyed wrote:are younger associates treated any differently than older ones?

Older associates are technically allowed to use the younger associates as footstools, but it rarely comes up as a matter of practice outside the v50 or so.

ETA: there is no difference from what I've seen. There may be some in terms of who gets hired in the first place (debatable), but once they bring you on board I don't think they either hand-hold the little ones or favor any particular person based on age.


this was your funniest post i think lol

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby Br3v » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:54 pm

cron1834 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Probably 3 years older than the median age of 1Ls...


Not that I think this is too much of a terribly important question (sorry OP), but interesting that you suggest age plays no effect on biglaw hiring. As in, biglaw hiring does not noticeably alter on account of younger K-Jd or older candidates.

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby starry eyed » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Br3v wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Probably 3 years older than the median age of 1Ls...


Not that I think this is too much of a terribly important question (sorry OP), but interesting that you suggest age plays no effect on biglaw hiring. As in, biglaw hiring does not noticeably alter on account of younger K-Jd or older candidates.


that's kind of this schtick though, saying wrong stuff condescendingly

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby chuckbass » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:36 pm

starry eyed wrote:
Br3v wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Probably 3 years older than the median age of 1Ls...


Not that I think this is too much of a terribly important question (sorry OP), but interesting that you suggest age plays no effect on biglaw hiring. As in, biglaw hiring does not noticeably alter on account of younger K-Jd or older candidates.


that's kind of this schtick though, saying wrong stuff condescendingly

Please propose a better way to gauge the median age of first year biglaw associates.

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10736
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: What is the median age of 1st year biglaw associates?

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:47 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Please propose a better way to gauge the median age of first year biglaw associates.

Cute 'em in half and count the rings.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest