Reapplying in the fall

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chrisob617

Reapplying in the fall

Postby Chrisob617 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Hey folks, I am worrying a bit right now. I had planned to take the Dec LSAT and apply right away, however my december score was lower than I wanted so I took the Feb exam and then sent my applications in. I got them all in before the deadline, but just barely. I ended up with a 169 and my GPA is right around 3.6. So far I've been rejected from Harvard and Yale (no surprise) and waitlisted at Penn and UVA. I'm still waiting to hear from Georgetown. My question is, am I shooting too high, or will applying at the beginning of the cycle for next year make the difference? How important is applying early as opposed to late?

Hoping to get off the waitlist and go in the fall, but if not I'm trying to figure out what my chances are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

KMart

Re: Reapplying in the fall

Postby KMart » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:25 pm

If you reapply next fall, will you retake the LSAT in June/Sept?

Chrisob617

Postby Chrisob617 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:35 pm

KMart wrote:If you reapply next fall, will you retake the LSAT in June/Sept?

I wasn't planning on it.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:39 pm

It doesn't appear as though you underperformed your numbers. Applying early gives a slight boost, but your numbers are still going to be the same. I doubt you'd do much different, unless the cycle next year is just awful or you had a poor PS/LORs this year.

If you reapply, I'd think about upping your LSAT; that is what will make the schools accept you rather than WL you. It would surprise me if you had a majorly different cycle by applying day 1.

Chrisob617

Postby Chrisob617 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Ok. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”