Undergrad Course Load

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tflan19

Undergrad Course Load

Postby tflan19 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm

How important is one's undergraduate course load? I've been taking 12 hours (15 is considered standard but 12-18 is full time) the last two semesters because I came in with a lot of credits and am almost done with my 3 majors. I'm about to register for my senior fall and am worried that taking 12 again might be looked down on? I've filled my time with internships and extracurriculars but I'm not sure if I should take an extra class (it would be a random elective) in order to be more competitive. Would appreciate any thoughts! Thanks!

Nathanael

Re: Undergrad Course Load

Postby Nathanael » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm

I took 12 hours just about every semester and it didn't seem to hurt me. Doubt they'll even notice.

js1663

Postby js1663 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Last edited by js1663 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Postby Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi There!

When applying to any graduate program, including law school, admissions department looks at several factors. For instance, GPA, LSAT score, extracurriculars, letters of recommendation, and personal statement. Even if you took 12 units as opposed to 18 or more, the admissions department will essentially focus on those other factors, as opposed to why you did not take more classes. Law school admission is competitive, but your personal statement and supplemental application is where you can fill in any explanation of why you decided to take 12 units, if you feel like explaining. Other than that, you should be just fine because as long as the other factors are strong, you will have a strong application.

Best of luck!

Hat.trick

Postby Hat.trick » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:05 pm

It shouldnt matter at all

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Abraham Lincoln Uni. wrote:Hi There!

When applying to any graduate program, including law school, admissions department looks at several factors. For instance, GPA, LSAT score, extracurriculars, letters of recommendation, and personal statement. Even if you took 12 units as opposed to 18 or more, the admissions department will essentially focus on those other factors, as opposed to why you did not take more classes. Law school admission is competitive, but your personal statement and supplemental application is where you can fill in any explanation of why you decided to take 12 units, if you feel like explaining. Other than that, you should be just fine because as long as the other factors are strong, you will have a strong application.

Best of luck!

Don't explain why in your PS.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”