What would it take to get rescinded

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wunderkind2

What would it take to get rescinded

Postby wunderkind2 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:34 pm

I currently have a 4.0 and I'm backloading all of my tough courses to my last year (4 courses, 16 credits in total, will have 104 total credits count toward my final GPA and about 86 count toward my LSDAS GPA) so that law schools won't see them reflected in my LSDAS GPA when I apply. As it currently stands, with the courses I have on tap until that last year, I should be able to maintain the 4.0 into CAS.

My question is this: how poorly would I have to do to get an offer at HYS rescinded? A pre-law advisor here said that straight Bs in those courses would get me rescinded because my GPA would be going down almost 0.2 points, but I'd still be at a 3.8+ and besides lol pre-law advisors.

Thoughts, y'all?

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:47 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Re: What would it take to get rescinded

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 pm

Why are you worried about getting offers rescinded from HYS when you haven't even been accepted... or applied... or taken the LSAT...

wunderkind2

Postby wunderkind2 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:45 pm

Mack.Hambleton wrote:Why are you worried about getting offers rescinded from HYS when you haven't even been accepted... or applied... or taken the LSAT...

Because I love my country that's why

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:59 pm

wunderkind2 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:Why are you worried about getting offers rescinded from HYS when you haven't even been accepted... or applied... or taken the LSAT...

Agreed. Generally speaking, pre-law advisers are morons. Most, in my experience, did not (1) go to law school, (2) take the LSAT, and therefore have no idea what the application process entails. Some are knowledgable I'm sure. Take it all with a grain of salt. Worry about the LSAT. Nothing else matters as much.

alexjinye

Postby alexjinye » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:52 pm

wunderkind2 wrote:

This is hilarious, psychos..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”