Sending an updated resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
happyendings

Sending an updated resume

Postby happyendings » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:07 pm

When I sent in apps during February, I didn't send an updated resume. My work experience ends at June when I graduated. I was in another country from August to November, and I started working in late-February. Should I send them schools an update of what I did since graduation? I'm asking because BU had emailed asking for an update a few days ago.

rinkrat19

Re: Sending an updated resume

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:15 pm

happyendings wrote:When I sent in apps during February, I didn't send an updated resume. My work experience ends at June when I graduated. I was in another country from August to November, and I started working in late-February. Should I send them schools an update of what I did since graduation? I'm asking because BU had emailed asking for an update a few days ago.

If something has changed AND a school is asking for an update, then yes, definitely send an updated resume.

In this case, it would be good to send it to schools that aren't asking for an update too, since the change is legitimate and positive (new job), and not just trying to replace an old resume with a typo.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”