Latest employment data

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
071816

Platinum
Posts: 5509
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:31 pm

ED PONTIFICAL CATHOLIC

User avatar
AT9

Gold
Posts: 1883
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby AT9 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:32 pm

MT Cicero wrote:
AT9 wrote:
JFO1833 wrote:Many new ones today:

47: Wake Forest - BL+FC-18%, FTLTBR-68%, FTLTBR (w/o LSF)-67%
http://career.law.wfu.edu/files/2015/04 ... BA2015.pdf


Maybe I'm missing something, but I think FTLTBR - long-term school funded (none) should be 71% (133/187). Without solos, it's 69% (128/187).

Regardless, glad to see that our stats have improved from last year's abysmal rates (with a much larger class size, too).


It is without solos. And 128/187 = 68.4% = 68% rounded. Also, there are 3 LSF, not none. 125/187 = 66.8% = 67% rounded.

I think that's the math anyway.


I see the discrepancy. The ABA PDF shows 3 LTSF, but the website shows them as short term: http://career.law.wfu.edu/stats/


Saddle Up wrote:
JFO1833 wrote:[145: South Dakota - BL+FC-2%, FTLTBR-67%, FTLTBR (w/o LSF)-67%

Impressed. That outcome certainly rocks...


Way to go USD.
Last edited by AT9 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UVAIce

Bronze
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby UVAIce » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm

I'm just going to assume the 1% is a rounding error of some sort.

User avatar
BrazilBandit

Bronze
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby BrazilBandit » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Can someone at least get them a decent scanner?

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby rpupkin » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Pontifical Catholic really hitting it out of the park.

Business jobs.

User avatar
MT Cicero

Silver
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby MT Cicero » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:Pontifical Catholic really hitting it out of the park.

Business jobs.

:D

User avatar
Tiago Splitter

Diamond
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

The Northwestern of Puerto Rico
The Pontifical Catholic of Illinois

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:38 pm

They have a Sports and Entertainment Law Society according to Wikipedia

User avatar
Desert Fox

Diamond
Posts: 18302
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby Desert Fox » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:39 pm

They have the "I defrauded MLB regarding my age" law LOCKED DOWN.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LET'S GET IT

Silver
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:42 pm

BigZuck wrote:They have a Sports and Entertainment Law Society according to Wikipedia


So if I transfer there I have a decent shot of being Lebron and Denzel's agent you think?

User avatar
KMart

Gold
Posts: 4368
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby KMart » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:44 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:
BigZuck wrote:They have a Sports and Entertainment Law Society according to Wikipedia


So if I transfer there I have a decent shot of being Lebron and Denzel's agent you think?

At a minimum you're looking at NBA role players and a slew of B-list actors.

User avatar
LET'S GET IT

Silver
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:59 pm

KMart wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:
BigZuck wrote:They have a Sports and Entertainment Law Society according to Wikipedia


So if I transfer there I have a decent shot of being Lebron and Denzel's agent you think?

At a minimum you're looking at NBA role players and a slew of B-list actors.


So, like, Kevin Love and Don Cheadle? I'll have to think about this.

JFO1833

Bronze
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby JFO1833 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:00 pm

I had guessed there would be far more discussion of NYU than Pontifical Catholic.

User avatar
sesto elemento

Gold
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby sesto elemento » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:05 pm

JFO1833 wrote:I had guessed there would be far more discussion of NYU than Pontifical Catholic.


Nah, NYU has a bigger PI crew than Penn so the Biglaw + Clerkship numbers reflect that.

Moneytrees

Silver
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby Moneytrees » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Little surprised that Minnesota still is ranked so highly. Seems to me that the employment outcomes don't justify the cost. It has pretty good placement, but when you consider that cost of attendance is 60k for residents and 66k for non-residents, it just sort of looks out of place in the top 20.

It would be a fantastic school if it cut tuition for residents by like half, but as it stands it just seems grossly overrated.

runinthefront

Gold
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby runinthefront » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm

I mean, Emory is employing 1/5 of its students for like ~12k more per year and it's only doing like 9% better in terms of BL+FC. You're right though, both are pretty overrated for T-20 schools
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

071816

Platinum
Posts: 5509
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby 071816 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

runinthefront wrote:I mean, Emory is employing 1/5 of it's students for like ~12k more per year and it's only doing like 9% better in terms of BL+FC. You're right though, both are pretty overrated for T-20 schools

Neither school can hold a candle to PONTIFICAL CATHOLIC.

User avatar
chuckbass

Platinum
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby chuckbass » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

It must be shocking that TLS parrots "rankings don't matter"

Moneytrees

Silver
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby Moneytrees » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

runinthefront wrote:I mean, Emory is employing 1/5 of its students for like ~12k more per year and it's only doing like 9% better in terms of BL+FC. You're right though, both are pretty overrated for T-20 schools


Yeah, Emory is definitely not a top 20 school in terms of placement by any relevant measure.

runinthefront

Gold
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby runinthefront » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:30 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:It must be shocking that TLS parrots "rankings don't matter"


not shocking, but I think, as one poster noted earlier...it's simply crazy how precipitous the drop is in terms of outcomes as you go from like...Penn to WUSTL or GULC to Emory (whether you're ranking solely on BL+FC or US News/ATL). It's crazy because there's really only like 6-10 better schools in between.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chuckbass

Platinum
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby chuckbass » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:31 pm

runinthefront wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:It must be shocking that TLS parrots "rankings don't matter"


not shocking, but I think, as one poster noted earlier...it's simply crazy how precipitous the drop is in terms of outcomes as you go from like...Penn to WUSTL or GULC to Emory (whether you're ranking solely on BL+FC or US News/ATL). It's crazy because there's really only like 6-10 better schools in between.

Whoosh

runinthefront

Gold
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby runinthefront » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:34 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:It must be shocking that TLS parrots "rankings don't matter"


not shocking, but I think, as one poster noted earlier...it's simply crazy how precipitous the drop is in terms of outcomes as you go from like...Penn to WUSTL or GULC to Emory (whether you're ranking solely on BL+FC or US News/ATL). It's crazy because there's really only like 6-10 better schools in between.

Whoosh


Oh, no, your sarcasm didn't go over my head. I got it...just ignored it.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
storpappa

Silver
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 am

Re: Latest employment data

Postby storpappa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:37 pm

runinthefront wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:It must be shocking that TLS parrots "rankings don't matter"


not shocking, but I think, as one poster noted earlier...it's simply crazy how precipitous the drop is in terms of outcomes as you go from like...Penn to WUSTL or GULC to Emory (whether you're ranking solely on BL+FC or US News/ATL). It's crazy because there's really only like 6-10 better schools in between.

Whoosh


Oh, no, your sarcasm didn't go over my head. I got it...just ignored it.

+1

User avatar
Manteca

Silver
Posts: 1287
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby Manteca » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:39 pm

less posting more data

Moneytrees

Silver
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Latest employment data

Postby Moneytrees » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Manteca wrote:less posting more data


Gratuitous post about posting.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests