Undecided - need advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
In_persuit

Undecided - need advice

Postby In_persuit » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:57 pm

I have already taken the lsat i scored 145 w 2.8 lsat gap, majoring in finance. I know its terrible, I am currently taking test masters hoping to improve 10 - 20 points. I am doing everything to be on top it. I also have one dui and underage possession of alcohol when I was 19, and a reckless driving conviction + refusing to blow misdemeanor reduced from DUI. 3 misdemeanor total and little charges like driving on a suspended license, none of which i was convicted for. The last two years I been an angel.

My mind is set on going to law school this fall. I am applying to law schools that are taking June lsat. I know it's a huge disadvantage, but I recently found out I have health problems that inhibited my performance. My plan is to attend tier 3/4 law school then transfer into a T1 20. I don't want to wait I already procrastinated long enough. I quit my job 2 days ago. I am ready to dive in. I am having hard time with addendum's and my credentials.

So, my question is what T3/4 law school should i apply?
what law school should i transfer to?
How do I find out if I will be able to pass the bar?
Any suggestions would be helpful?
I am feeling discouraged about law school but, I know thats what I want to do

itascot1992

Re: Undecided - need advice

Postby itascot1992 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 pm

In_persuit wrote:I have already taken the lsat i scored 145 w 2.8 lsat gap, majoring in finance. I know its terrible, I am currently taking test masters hoping to improve 10 - 20 points. I am doing everything to be on top it. I also have one dui and underage possession of alcohol when I was 19, and a reckless driving conviction + refusing to blow misdemeanor reduced from DUI. 3 misdemeanor total and little charges like driving on a suspended license, none of which i was convicted for. The last two years I been an angel.

My mind is set on going to law school this fall. I am applying to law schools that are taking June lsat. I know it's a huge disadvantage, but I recently found out I have health problems that inhibited my performance. My plan is to attend tier 3/4 law school then transfer into a T1 20. I don't want to wait I already procrastinated long enough. I quit my job 2 days ago. I am ready to dive in. I am having hard time with addendum's and my credentials.

So, my question is what T3/4 law school should i apply?
what law school should i transfer to?
Any suggestions would be helpful?
I am feeling discouraged about law school but, I know thats what I want to do

Should not have quit your job...

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 pm

In_persuit wrote:So, my question is what T3/4 law school should i apply?

None.

You need to talk to an attorney, I have no idea.

I quit my job 2 days ago.

Why?

I don't want to wait I already procrastinated long enough.

Why?

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Calling troll. And an uninspired one at that.

If you are an honest-to-God real human being - and I hope that you are not - then do not go to law school. Any school. At any price. Anywhere. See, e.g., all of TLS forever.

itascot1992

Postby itascot1992 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:09 pm

zacharus85 wrote:Calling troll. And an uninspired one at that.

If you are an honest-to-God real human being - and I hope that you are not - then do not go to law school. Any school. At any price. Anywhere. See, e.g., all of TLS forever.

I hope you are right

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:22 pm

zacharus85 wrote:Calling troll. And an uninspired one at that

I thought (hoped) with the "I quit my job; I'm ready to go".

ILoveYou

Postby ILoveYou » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Yeah, no one quits their job to apply to law school. It is not that intense of a process.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”