Dropping out and reapplying

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BasilHallward

Dropping out and reapplying

Postby BasilHallward » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:44 pm

I have a crazy question and I am not sure if I am in the right thread, but here it goes:

This is completely hypothetical.

Let's say I am a student at Law School X, and due to a combination of poor law school choice, bad financing terms for law school, and most importantly, poor 1st year performance, is it possible to drop out before the end of the second semester and retake the LSAT and apply in year's cycle??

I have yet to find any useful information on this topic. I would appreciate it, if someone can point me in the right direction or offer some advice.

Thanks TLSers

starry eyed

Re: Dropping out and reapplying

Postby starry eyed » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm kinda interested in this. Lol it would be pretty sweet to be able to retake 1L year as many times as you needed to be in the top 10%. The chances of getting admitted to any law school more than likely decrease when they've seen you've dropped out before. Each school probably has their own polices regarding this though; TTT's would probably be more lenient.
Last edited by starry eyed on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Can't imagine there's anything technically stopping you. It would probably raise a lot of questions for any school worth attending, though.

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Under this situation, I am assuming a much improved LSAT score, of course. Is there anyone here that has done this?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”