Are people CRAZY for going to law school?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Capitol_Idea

Re: Are people CRAZY for going to law school?

Postby Capitol_Idea » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Def troll. But she stuck to character very well until the end of her last thread or so. Re: not engaging - I dunno - it's not productive but can be fun. Like masturbation, really.

ReasonableNprudent

Postby ReasonableNprudent » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 pm

yomisterd wrote:
mattf wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:I seriously don't get it. WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? If you don't get a BIGLAW job which requires you to work 80+ hours a week, you will EITHER be making 40-50K a year or UNEMPLOYED.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL?

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 90% of lawyers make more than $54,000/year with the median salary being $113,000/year. The employment rate of lawyers is 98.1% also according to U.S. News and World Report. Granted that unemployment statistic doesn't factor under-employed lawyers but it still gives a good picture of what's going on with the job market.

A better question is are you just extremely misinformed with the job market of lawyers or are you trying to discourage people from becoming lawyers for some ulterior motive (to increase your own chances of acceptance into law school or to broaden your prospects of a future job perhaps)?

she's a poor attempt at a troll do not engage

I was thinking possibly a hint of borderline or schizo. I feel kind of bad, actually.

What did she do to warrant the break? Blatant insults?

LawsRUs

Postby LawsRUs » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:06 am

pollywolly88 wrote:I seriously don't get it. WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? If you don't get a BIGLAW job which requires you to work 80+ hours a week, you will EITHER be making 40-50K a year or UNEMPLOYED.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL?

Polly you're good. Too good at trolling. I gotta give you credits to you.
I only very quickly skimmed the thread, but the answer to the original question is a personal one, diff for every person. It should be "why the hell are you going to law school?"

LS debt, follwing us like a second shadow, adding to the pressure to make money;
FT, LT jobs so scare in this economy and over-saturated markets that we end up taking the ones that we don't actually enjoy--

Sure, crazy. We're all screwed, I think. Some win though.
All just playing the game; dancing along with it, at the same time ignoring the music that is making us dance--the siren song that is LS, attracted to the fighting chance at winning.

Louis1127

Postby Louis1127 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 am

This thread should have ended at the first response.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”