Are people CRAZY for going to law school? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Are people CRAZY for going to law school?

Post by rpupkin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:47 pm

RZ5646 wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:I seriously don't get it. WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? If you don't get a BIGLAW job which requires you to work 80+ hours a week, you will EITHER be making 40-50K a year or UNEMPLOYED.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? Find a DOCTOR husband or wife ASAP
Your use of CAPS is unsettling and undermines your credibility.
The use of CAPS is the least of Polly's credibility problems.

ReasonableNprudent

Bronze

Post by ReasonableNprudent » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:09 am

Dental school for the win. I'm going to have to start another trucker discussion if you don't quit it.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 am

ReasonableNprudent wrote:Dental school for the win. I'm going to have to start another trucker discussion if you don't quit it.
Yes please.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:49 am

can I be a dentist with a JD

BiglawAssociate

Bronze

Post by BiglawAssociate » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:50 am

Finally, a reasonable poster

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Helioze

Bronze

Post by Helioze » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:22 am

I still think y'all are fools for thinking trucking will be around much longer.

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:37 am

I hear there's market shattering bonuses coming in BIGTRUCKING

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:46 am

hdunlop wrote:I hear there's market shattering bonuses coming in BIGTRUCKING
hasn't Swift Transportation been offering MARKET SHATTERING bonuses for years?

ReasonableNprudent

Bronze

Post by ReasonableNprudent » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:11 am

dabigchina wrote:
hdunlop wrote:I hear there's market shattering bonuses coming in BIGTRUCKING
hasn't Swift Transportation been offering MARKET SHATTERING bonuses for years?
I couldn't confirm, but they do offer medical, dental, drug plan, and 401k.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ReasonableNprudent

Bronze

Post by ReasonableNprudent » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:46 am

Helioze wrote:I still think y'all are fools for thinking trucking will be around much longer.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... _fb_maddow

Stumbled across this and thought of our debate.
I knew there were some experiments happening and had heard people could get special permits for Google vehicles.
Looks like self-driving will be a readily available option soon.

I still don't think it will really stick, though. People like to drive.

Also, I believe the bet was "truck drivers will be completely obsolete in 5-10 years." I'm still counting that $50 as part of my future net worth.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:39 am

ReasonableNprudent wrote:Also, I believe the bet was "truck drivers will be completely obsolete in 5-10 years." I'm still counting that $50 as part of my future net worth.
Exactly. Self-driving cars will be popular eventually, but not for at least 20 years. People aren't going to immediately jump to autonomous cars like Google has; instead, normal cars will slowly become self-driving as manufacturers gradually add driver assistance features.

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:49 am

------------
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

lurkerlarry

New

Post by lurkerlarry » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:55 am

So I guess this guy just really wants us to tell him how right he is and how he should totally go be a dentist and blow his brains out in 10 years.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jobs-com ... 10-10?op=1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 am

lurkerlarry wrote:So I guess this guy just really wants us to tell him how right he is and how he should totally go be a dentist and blow his brains out in 10 years.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jobs-com ... 10-10?op=1
A nice house, nice car, and hot husband will make me happy, LOL....I ain't going to be living the life with a 40-50K salary and I sure as hell don't want to work 80+ hours a week for 150K+. Law is dead, my friend
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:21 am

You don't even want to own your own home? sounds like you need to re-align your priorities. Most guys don't want high powered women anyway; be a nurse or a social worker.
Last edited by starry eyed on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

idissent

Bronze

Post by idissent » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:23 am

The fact that pollywolly's so dramatically jumped ship makes me sad. RIP early-March polly never 4get

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 am

starry eyed wrote:You don't even want to own your own home? sounds like you need to re-align your priorities. Most guys don't want high powered women anyway; be a nurse or a social worker.
That's not true. Men want rich women. LOL. I wish I didn't need to spend my life striving away and studying. Premed/biology courses suck. It's not fun or interesting. Law is boring too but I need $$$$. I wish life was easy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am

OP obviously you should post pics so we know your odds of success.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:31 am

Jason Taverner wrote:OP obviously you should post pics so we know your odds of success.

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 am

Jason Taverner wrote:OP obviously you should post pics so we know your odds of success.
I do REALLY well at clubs/bars and even dating sites. I get lots of attention from HOT guys....I get easily bored of men though unfortunately, LOL

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:34 am

pollywolly88 wrote:
I do REALLY well at clubs/bars and even dating sites. I get lots of attention from HOT guys
Honestly that just means you aren't ugly or obese lol. Most girls get a lot of attention at clubs, bars, and dating sites.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:38 am

pollywolly88 wrote:
starry eyed wrote:You don't even want to own your own home? sounds like you need to re-align your priorities. Most guys don't want high powered women anyway; be a nurse or a social worker.
That's not true. Men want rich women. LOL. I wish I didn't need to spend my life striving away and studying. Premed/biology courses suck. It's not fun or interesting. Law is boring too but I need $$$$. I wish life was easy.
do you even know the concept of an "MRS" degree. My mother, the souther belle that she is, went to college with the pure intent of finding someone who could take care of her. Seems like you failed at it

LMAO at having to go to grad school to find a man.

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 am

starry eyed wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:
do you even know the concept of an "MRS" degree. My mother, the souther belle that she is, went to college with the pure intent of finding someone who could take care of her. Seems like you failed at it
I had HARDCORE Asian parents who made me feel like shit if I got less than a A grade in any class in college. Maybe you're from a Southern white family, but my parents are really hardcore. My parents pressured me to do premed at an insanely competitive undergrad even though I never had a passion for sciences. All I did was study in college. How did I fail when I didn't even think about marriage back then or even date at all? LOL. I actually only started dating after college because my parents were so strict.
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:42 am

How old are you and you're still letting your parents push you around? As I said before, your values/priorities are all messed up. Stop following the materialistic narrative your parents are pushing and find something that actually makes you happy.

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 am

RZ5646 wrote:How old are you and you're still letting your parents push you around? As I said before, your values/priorities are all messed up. Stop following the materialistic narrative your parents are pushing and find something that actually makes you happy.
I don't know what else to do to make a decent income. It's insanely competitive to get any decent job with just a BA/BS. I actually went to a really good undergrad too (it's a top 15 university)....I considered going back for a MBA but that's similar to law---you have to work insane hours for a high salary. There is very little stability in business and most people in Finance/business are pretty miserable. Dentistry is the only field where you can work minimum hours and still make good money. I WISH LIFE WAS EASY AND SIMPLE. IT'S SO DIFFICULT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”