Are people CRAZY for going to law school? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pollywolly88

Bronze

Re: Are people CRAZY for going to law school?

Post by pollywolly88 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:03 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:
ReasonableNprudent wrote:I'm beginning to think Polly's whole goal here is to find a BigLaw attorney about to make partner.
Nice strategy, Polly. Very savvy.
They're like 40 though. I'm not interested in old men.
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Aim lower. Shameful secret mistress might be more your speed than trophy wife.

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:09 pm

zacharus85 wrote:Aim lower. Shameful secret mistress might be more your speed than trophy wife.
I am VERY ATTRACTIVE. You haven't seen my pics.
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:22 pm

So wait (humblebrag warning, but I dont care) ...

if I am going to graduate with minimal debt and a Big Law Job. And my wife is going to med school (not a SURGEON, but the specialty she wants has a large surgery component) for free, are we winners?

Note: I am ATTRACTIVE, and my wife is VERY VERY HOT. Does this change the equation?

Please Advise

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 pm

BearLaw wrote:So wait (humblebrag warning, but I dont care) ...

if I am going to graduate with minimal debt and a Big Law Job. And my wife is going to med school (not a SURGEON, but the specialty she wants has a large surgery component) for free, are we winners?

Note: I am ATTRACTIVE, and my wife is VERY VERY HOT. Does this change the equation?

Please Advise
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:39 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:Aim lower. Shameful secret mistress might be more your speed than trophy wife.
Oh shit, my bad. Factoring that in, you could be upgraded all the way to 'Fancy Prostitute'

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:43 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:

Please Advise
She's STUPID for dating a LAWYER. BIGLAW lawyers are bitches to IBankers/Finance people who ACTUALLY CLOSE the deals and get the big bonuses. She should go for BIGMEDICINE OR BIGFINANCE HUSBAND instead. BIGLAW has literally no job stability, 95% never make partner. In-House jobs don't pay that much
lol, I certainly hope she isnt dating a lawyer, since, you know, shes married to one already. As for BIGMEDICINE, no GD idea what that even is. If she gets a date with the CEO of Pfizser, I will understand her leaving me. You clearly know nothing about 'BIGFINANCE' if you think there is any more stability or better long term out look for those people.

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:44 pm

zacharus85 wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:
Oh shit, my bad. Factoring that in, you could be upgraded all the way to 'Fancy Prostitute'
But does it make 100K+? These are the important questions

pollywolly88

Bronze

Post by pollywolly88 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:45 pm

BearLaw wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:

Please Advise
She's STUPID for dating a LAWYER. BIGLAW lawyers are bitches to IBankers/Finance people who ACTUALLY CLOSE the deals and get the big bonuses. She should go for BIGMEDICINE OR BIGFINANCE HUSBAND instead. BIGLAW has literally no job stability, 95% never make partner. In-House jobs don't pay that much
lol, I certainly hope she isnt dating a lawyer, since, you know, shes married to one already. As for BIGMEDICINE, no GD idea what that even is. If she gets a date with the CEO of Pfizser, I will understand her leaving me. You clearly know nothing about 'BIGFINANCE' if you think there is any more stability or better long term out look for those people.
Last edited by pollywolly88 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:46 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:If you don't get a BIGLAW job which requires you to work 80+ hours a week, you will EITHER be making 40-50K a year or UNEMPLOYED.
This isn't a valid assumption.

idissent

Bronze

Post by idissent » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:48 pm

BearLaw wrote:
zacharus85 wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:
But does it make 100K+? These are the important questions
strippers can make 6 figs, I imagine starting salary in BIGPROSTITUTION is over 100k.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:51 pm

idissent wrote:strippers can make 6 figs, I imagine starting salary in BIGPROSTITUTION is over 100k.
And if BIGPROSTITUTION doesn't work out, after you're thoroughly used up, debased, and otherwise broken down, you'll be a perfect candidate for the world of law!

DavidConeSplitter

Silver

Post by DavidConeSplitter » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Tougher to make partner in a BIGPROST firm tho

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:03 pm

DavidConeSplitter wrote:Tougher to make partner in a BIGPROST firm tho
Truth, idgaf what all the boomer madams say, just because they made it through the years of constant grinding and drudgery doesnt mean it is a likely outcome.

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:05 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:
BearLaw wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:

Please Advise
Holy motherfucking bullshit! you wrote a response, edited it 5 times, and still have nothing? No wonder you arent going into law.

ek5dn

Bronze

Post by ek5dn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:OK I was trolling a bit about the RICH DOCTOR WIFE/HUSBAND part but it's funny, no? Lots of asians actually think that way
As an Asian I don't appreciate how you're portraying how "lots of Asians" think. Don't generalize about an entire ethnicity based off either your warped perceptions or your parents'. The PEOPLE who are looking to find a rich doctor wife/husband have a very narrow and misguided view on life and how to live it (ie, they really have no sense of self-worth/motivation and are looking for an easy ticket to an easy life)

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:51 pm

BearLaw wrote:
DavidConeSplitter wrote:Tougher to make partner in a BIGPROST firm tho
Truth, idgaf what all the boomer madams say, just because they made it through the years of constant grinding and drudgery doesnt mean it is a likely outcome.
I can't get this line out of my head. The imagery of this is... not pleasant.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Keep this thread going Polly, I need a good laugh at the end of the day

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:19 pm

didn't you hear? polly was given a three day break so she could perform independent research... it's gonna be pretty quiet in the meantime

RZ5646

Gold

Post by RZ5646 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:30 pm

starry eyed wrote:didn't you hear? polly was given a three day break so she could perform independent research... it's gonna be pretty quiet in the meantime
Trucking internship?

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm

what the fuck is this thread

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

yomisterd wrote:what the fuck is this thread
Fan-fucking-tastic. That's what it is.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 pm

BearLaw wrote:
yomisterd wrote:what the fuck is this thread
Fan-fucking-tastic. That's what it is.
Not my diagnosis. Also, you should probably switch to Bird Law. More preftigious.

mattf

New

Post by mattf » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:46 pm

pollywolly88 wrote:I seriously don't get it. WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? If you don't get a BIGLAW job which requires you to work 80+ hours a week, you will EITHER be making 40-50K a year or UNEMPLOYED.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 90% of lawyers make more than $54,000/year with the median salary being $113,000/year. The employment rate of lawyers is 98.1% also according to U.S. News and World Report. Granted that unemployment statistic doesn't factor under-employed lawyers but it still gives a good picture of what's going on with the job market.

A better question is are you just extremely misinformed with the job market of lawyers or are you trying to discourage people from becoming lawyers for some ulterior motive (to increase your own chances of acceptance into law school or to broaden your prospects of a future job perhaps)?

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 pm

mattf wrote:
pollywolly88 wrote:I seriously don't get it. WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL? If you don't get a BIGLAW job which requires you to work 80+ hours a week, you will EITHER be making 40-50K a year or UNEMPLOYED.

WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LAW SCHOOL?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics 90% of lawyers make more than $54,000/year with the median salary being $113,000/year. The employment rate of lawyers is 98.1% also according to U.S. News and World Report. Granted that unemployment statistic doesn't factor under-employed lawyers but it still gives a good picture of what's going on with the job market.

A better question is are you just extremely misinformed with the job market of lawyers or are you trying to discourage people from becoming lawyers for some ulterior motive (to increase your own chances of acceptance into law school or to broaden your prospects of a future job perhaps)?
she's a poor attempt at a troll do not engage

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”