Deadlines Approaching

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Uconn51

Deadlines Approaching

Postby Uconn51 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Hey All,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. So I have heard back from 3/4 law schools I applied to. My numbers were not very strong but I did to to a good university. (2.8, 161) I am not an URM, but my softs are very unique. I have no aspirations to work in Biglaw in NYC. I am from the Baltimore/DC area and plan on staying in that area, and I have a couple very strong connections with firms in MD/DC. That being said, here is where I'm at-
University of Baltimore - in with a $20k/yr scholarship (conditional on maintaining a 3.15) Catholic University - in with a $35k/yr scholarship, non-conditional
American University - in with a $20k/yr scholarship, non-conditional

I am still waiting to hear from University of Maryland, which would be my top choice. What do you guys think? Do you think I could possibly negotiate to get the conditions taken off my UB scholarship? For 3 years, tuition for me there would cost me just over $20k so I wouldn't even need to take out any loans. American and Catholic would be more expensive, but wouldn't put me in an insurmountable amount of debt.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TheProdigal

Re: Deadlines Approaching

Postby TheProdigal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:37 pm

How many times have you taken the LSAT?

Also, Baltimore's curve is set to 2.86. Maintaining a 3.15 might be worse than you think.

itascot1992

Re: Deadlines Approaching

Postby itascot1992 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Uconn51 wrote:Hey All,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. So I have heard back from 3/4 law schools I applied to. My numbers were not very strong but I did to to a good university. (2.8, 161) I am not an URM, but my softs are very unique. I have no aspirations to work in Biglaw in NYC. I am from the Baltimore/DC area and plan on staying in that area, and I have a couple very strong connections with firms in MD/DC. That being said, here is where I'm at-
University of Baltimore - in with a $20k/yr scholarship (conditional on maintaining a 3.15) Catholic University - in with a $35k/yr scholarship, non-conditional
American University - in with a $20k/yr scholarship, non-conditional

I am still waiting to hear from University of Maryland, which would be my top choice. What do you guys think? Do you think I could possibly negotiate to get the conditions taken off my UB scholarship? For 3 years, tuition for me there would cost me just over $20k so I wouldn't even need to take out any loans. American and Catholic would be more expensive, but wouldn't put me in an insurmountable amount of debt.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Retake or Catholic, that stip is ridiculous

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”