My plan. Feedback appreciated.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ladzach
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 pm

My plan. Feedback appreciated.

Postby Ladzach » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:53 pm

....................
Last edited by Ladzach on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10746
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: My plan. Feedback appreciated.

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:04 pm

What are your post-grad goals? Are you interested in a particular profession/practice area or geographic region?

Re-taking is a good idea - If you can boost that score you should be able to land UT with some $.

Neither scenario is on-face stupid, but need more info re: above to better assess.

Ladzach
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Re: My plan. Feedback appreciated.

Postby Ladzach » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:19 pm

zacharus85 wrote:What are your post-grad goals? Are you interested in a particular profession/practice area or geographic region?

Re-taking is a good idea - If you can boost that score you should be able to land UT with some $.

Neither scenario is on-face stupid, but need more info re: above to better assess.


My goals are to have steady work in the legal field in small-time or medium-size law after I graduate. I want to take on minimal to zero tuition debt because of this. As for geographically, I am pretty flexible, but since I am from TX and actually know some people, I guess it would make more sense to go to school in TX.

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10746
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: My plan. Feedback appreciated.

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:31 pm

This isn't going to be news to you then, but retake and UT sounds like your best bet.

You don't need t14 if you want to be in a smaller market, but if you somehow end up scoring in the upper 160's or low 170's, then consider getting some cash from GULC, Cornell, or NU. At the very least you can play that off against UT and get them to up whatever they offer.

Let's play worst-case scenario, though: you bone the LSAT next time and your current score is the one you'll be working off of. I'd apply again to UT but not consider it seriously unless you got sufficient $ to make the total COA lower than your free rides elsewhere (not super likely but who knows). Find a regional school in the geographic area you want to practice - if it's Texas, then Baylor full ride ain't bad. UT is better than Baylor, hands down, but I don't think UT at sticker or even half-price is going be worth Baylor full-ride for what you want to do.

Any particular reason wanting to re-take in June rather than study during the summer and re-take in the fall?

Ladzach
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Re: My plan. Feedback appreciated.

Postby Ladzach » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:36 pm

zacharus85 wrote:This isn't going to be news to you then, but retake and UT sounds like your best bet.

You don't need t14 if you want to be in a smaller market, but if you somehow end up scoring in the upper 160's or low 170's, then consider getting some cash from GULC, Cornell, or NU. At the very least you can play that off against UT and get them to up whatever they offer.

Let's play worst-case scenario, though: you bone the LSAT next time and your current score is the one you'll be working off of. I'd apply again to UT but not consider it seriously unless you got sufficient $ to make the total COA lower than your free rides elsewhere (not super likely but who knows). Find a regional school in the geographic area you want to practice - if it's Texas, then Baylor full ride ain't bad. UT is better than Baylor, hands down, but I don't think UT at sticker or even half-price is going be worth Baylor full-ride for what you want to do.

Any particular reason wanting to re-take in June rather than study during the summer and re-take in the fall?


Thank you for the feedback. I am committed to the idea of sharpening up my skills over the next few months and taking June as opposed to waiting until September because I don't think the extra two months will help my chances in making an even better score; my issue was just the nerves getting to me. I feel like I have all the skills to get the upper 160s/170. I just need to execute. So if I take June, and don't do well, I can just follow through with my plan to attend in the fall with my best offer, as opposed to if I take September, I will have to wait until the following year, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but I would rather not wait if I don't have to.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], kpadoreo, oliviaj_j and 2 guests