HOPE! Academic Dismissal 2.0/163 gets into T-40 law schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Moneytrees

Re: HOPE! Academic Dismissal 2.0/163 gets into T-40 law schools

Postby Moneytrees » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:03 pm

RZ5646 wrote:
MarkfromWI wrote:The reason TLS can be so disheartening to people who apply with poor numbers is because most of those people can't go running to mommy and daddy for $250k for full tuition. It's not getting in that's the hard part (especially in today's market); it's the inability to get enough of a scholarship where it's not financial suicide is why most people should not go to LS with poor numbers.

This is the issue. Especially with falling medians, getting into a T14 doesn't seem to be that difficult for moderately intelligent and hard-working students. The challenge is getting in with enough of a scholarship to not be a debt slave for decades.

This is a little hyperbolic.

Nomo

Postby Nomo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 pm

ryoacyie wrote:
Nomo wrote:You would probably get a better return if you invested the money you're parents are paying and then just went after another career, one that doesn't require grad school.

If you're paying sticker you're making a bad financial decision. If you've got enough cash that you can afford to make a bad financial decision that's fine, but it doesn't apply to most people. You're situation only provides hope for a very limited number of potential applications.

God this website is full of depressing people. :roll: :mrgreen:

It might be depressing for you to hear that we don't think of you're outcome as a successful one. But I'm not depressed. However, if I spent or borrowed 250k to go to a "T-40" law school, then I might be a bit depressed.

Wattz

Postby Wattz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 am

Nomo wrote:
ryoacyie wrote:
Nomo wrote:You would probably get a better return if you invested the money you're parents are paying and then just went after another career, one that doesn't require grad school.

If you're paying sticker you're making a bad financial decision. If you've got enough cash that you can afford to make a bad financial decision that's fine, but it doesn't apply to most people. You're situation only provides hope for a very limited number of potential applications.

It might be depressing for you to hear that we don't think of you're outcome as a successful one. But I'm not depressed. However, if I spent or borrowed 250k to go to a "T-40" law school, then I might be a bit depressed.

YOUR!!!

Wattz

Postby Wattz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 am

Nomo wrote:
ryoacyie wrote:

YOUR!!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”