Will I get in?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BM_1993

Will I get in?

Postby BM_1993 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Hello!

First time using TLS, so I'm sorry if I am posting somewhere where all these posts go. I applied to ~20 schools and am wondering if you all can give me an idea of whether it is normal to be so anxious about the admissions cycle..

Double Major: Economics and Humanities. URM.

Rejected:
University of Texas
George Washington

Accepted:
Baylor University
St. Johns

Waitlisted:
Boston College

Still waiting on about a lot of schools. I applied 1/31... is it too late to get acceptances? Are my numbers too low? Should I wait until next year to re-apply and take the LSAT again?
Last edited by BM_1993 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnomgnomuch

Re: Will I get in?

Postby gnomgnomuch » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Work for a year or two and retake for a 170+

3.3 is low, but a URM can break in most anywhere (out at HYSB almost 100% though) with a high enough LSAT.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:59 pm

BM_1993 wrote:Should I wait until next year to re-apply and take the LSAT again?

How much time did you study for your current score? It is likely it may not have been enough or in an effective manner. Use the resources here to bump that and kill the next cycle.

Postby 03152016 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:41 pm

BM_1993 wrote:Should I wait until next year to re-apply and take the LSAT again?

yeah you should probably do this
what are your goals?

antiworldly

Postby antiworldly » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:02 am

Welcome to TLS!

I'd recommend checking out the "What are my chances" forum, it's quite illuminating. Probably the best resource linked there is myLSN, more specifically the admissions search (http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/admissions/search/) Using your numbers it seems like it's really hit and miss. You did the right thing by applying broadly, hopefully an admissions committee will see something they like and accept you.

KMart asked a very important question though, one you need to sit down and think about very hard. If you can get your LSAT up it will be a huge advantage to you in terms of placement and financial aid. Taking a year or two off to work and get your score up will pay huge dividends. If, once browsing through the LSAT forum and comparing the advice against your study methods you think you can do better, don't feel bad about waiting a year or two. According to people who've done this, schools who accept you one year and then you withdraw and apply the next year with a higher score won't hold that against you at all.

Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”