n/a

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dontrogerthat
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:03 pm

n/a

Postby dontrogerthat » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:56 pm

n/a
Last edited by dontrogerthat on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: District Attorney internship in undergrad good?

Postby whitespider » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:18 pm

dontrogerthat wrote:I just took my first PT from the "10 more actual, official LSAT preptests" book and scored a 148 (really bummed, damn LG).


Respectfully, your time this summer would be much better spent mastering the LSAT. A single point on the LSAT is worth far more than a summer spent interning at a DA's office.

Nomo
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 am

Re: District Attorney internship in undergrad good?

Postby Nomo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:38 pm

I don't think the DA internship is going to mean much, though its not going to hurt, and you should probably do something with your time over the summer. Who knows, you might even find out that you do want to go into criminal law.

The better move is probably to get a couple years of actual work experience before going to law school. I have literally never heard anyone say that they wish they had gone to law school straight out of undergrad instead of working for a couple years. And that includes plenty of people who did low-paying work with no prestige.

User avatar
Auxilio
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Re: District Attorney internship in undergrad good?

Postby Auxilio » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:52 pm

whitespider wrote:
dontrogerthat wrote:I just took my first PT from the "10 more actual, official LSAT preptests" book and scored a 148 (really bummed, damn LG).


Respectfully, your time this summer would be much better spent mastering the LSAT. A single point on the LSAT is worth far more than a summer spent interning at a DA's office.


To be fair, he may have already improved a lot since last July since he says he is practicing at Yale levels. I don't see a reason to assume he is lying.

Not that I disagree with your general statement

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22845
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: District Attorney internship in undergrad good?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:23 pm

I would do something that interests you that you can talk intelligently about in an application. Legal experience isn't at all necessary for law school admissions, even at HYS where softs are important, and one summer of something isn't going to create the kind of soft that HYS really care about. A DA's office would be perfectly fine; lots of things would be perfectly fine.

User avatar
whitespider
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am

Re: District Attorney internship in undergrad good?

Postby whitespider » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Auxilio wrote:
whitespider wrote:
dontrogerthat wrote:I just took my first PT from the "10 more actual, official LSAT preptests" book and scored a 148 (really bummed, damn LG).


Respectfully, your time this summer would be much better spent mastering the LSAT. A single point on the LSAT is worth far more than a summer spent interning at a DA's office.


To be fair, he may have already improved a lot since last July since he says he is practicing at Yale levels. I don't see a reason to assume he is lying.

Not that I disagree with your general statement


I'm not trying to challenge that either. That having been said, there's a big difference between practice tests at HYS levels and actually achieving a 173+ (beating 99% of test takers). A 25-point jump from your diagnostic is an incredible feat, but don't count your chickens before they've hatched.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Commoncourtesy, Purple Post It Note and 5 guests