LS admissions timeline question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Joombi

LS admissions timeline question

Postby Joombi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:09 pm

c/o 2019

I know that applications go live late fall; are essay prompts accessible the summer before apps go live, or do we have to wait until apps go live to see what they are?

It seems like a PS is pretty universal - what is the prompt for that?

I'd like to get as much done as possible during the summer, so I can apply early and not worry about juggling essays and classes. So far, I'm planning on getting my recommendations, transcript, dean's certificate, and essays (if possible) done this summer. Any protips?

RCSOB657

Re: LS admissions timeline question

Postby RCSOB657 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:15 pm

You can write your essays based off this year's applications and then edit accordingly. Essays are part of applications and are therefore not visible earlier than application opening.

Joombi

Postby Joombi » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:00 pm

RCSOB657 wrote:You can write your essays based off this year's applications and then edit accordingly. Essays are part of applications and are therefore not visible earlier than application opening.

Thanks! Will do.

Also, a question about LSDAS GPA:

I'm studying abroad, and the program that I'm studying abroad through has its own set of courses and classes. It's not done through a school abroad. However, the program is distinct from my school, and the grades from the program show up as P/F on my transcript, although schools can request the actual transcript. Is it safe to assume that the grades from my semester abroad won't count towards my LSDAS GPA?

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:08 am

From my understanding, you are correct in this instance.

blousty

Postby blousty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 am

You're c/o 2019 and you're worried about admissions essays? A successful lawyer makes rain. Go network - regardless of whether you go to a good, crap, or amazing school, you really shouldn't worry about this stuff for several years. Go out and make friends with the people you would want as clients (or client referrers) when you become a lawyer. That's the best thing you could do for yourself. Every firm, small, big or large will look over your crap grades for a book of business.

KMart

Postby KMart » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:04 am

Joombi wrote:It seems like a PS is pretty universal - what is the prompt for that?

Anything you want. If there was a prompt it'd essentially be: if you had 10 minutes to tell a story about yourself to the admissions dean, what would you say?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”