Email schools regarding score Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Donashimen

Bronze

Email schools regarding score

Post by Donashimen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 pm

I lost someone very dear to me the week before the Feb LSAT. I though I would be fine but I had a really hard time concentrating during the test and couldn't really prep that last week either :( I didn't cancel just incase I did better. Wishful thinking I guess. But I don't know if I should email the schools that I am still waiting to hear back from and let them know what happened or not.

Thank you in advance for any advice that is given.

runinthefront

Gold

Re: Email schools regarding score

Post by runinthefront » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm sorry; losing someone is always tough and it's understandable that it could/would alter your test score :/ .

That being said, you took a gamble by not canceling your score, and I don't think e-mailing the admissions office will help you at all. I wouldn't do it. They're not going to hold it against you anyway (unless they're like HYS or something).

ETA: Listen to everything MikeSpivey says in the waiters forum, by the way.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donashimen

Bronze

Re: Email schools regarding score

Post by Donashimen » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 pm

runinthefront wrote:I'm sorry; losing someone is always tough and it's understandable that it could/would alter your test score :/ .

That being said, you took a gamble by not canceling your score, and I don't think e-mailing the admissions office will help you at all. I wouldn't do it. They're not going to hold it against you anyway (unless they're like HYS or something).

ETA: Listen to everything MikeSpivey says in the waiters forum, by the way.
Thank you so much. I just saw his post and decided to follow his (and your) advice and hope for the best!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”