Questions RE: LSAT score. Transcript Summarization

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NYlawbound

Questions RE: LSAT score. Transcript Summarization

Postby NYlawbound » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:55 pm

I am a novice when it comes to the law school application process. I was wanting to post a few inquiries I had, hoping someone could assist me further:

1 - I have taken the LSAT once. My score is 177

2 - I have not sent in my transcripts to LSAC. However, my computations of my gpa with every possible transcript grade, averages at 3.19. Is T-14 a possibility with a 177/3.19?

3 - W's are omitted from my school. Arent factored in gpa, also a friend of mine at my alma mater, had LSAC process his transcript and his werent punitive nor counted. There was one prior semester when I was in a car accident and received a few negative grades, which were expunged when I filed for retroactive withdrawal. That semester is All W's with semester warning printed at the bottom. Even if W's dont count at the school, will 'Semester Warning' lead LSAC to count that semester of W's punitively? Anyone else have Ws with semester warning - what did LSAC do?

Auxilio

Re: Questions RE: LSAT score. Transcript Summarization

Postby Auxilio » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:46 am

You definitely have very good odds at about half of T14. Might be better to go a bit lower and try for a higher scholarship though. Either way I think you will have a pretty good cycle.

JFO1833

Re: Questions RE: LSAT score. Transcript Summarization

Postby JFO1833 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:32 am

Based on this page:

http://www.lsac.org/aboutlsac/policies/ ... marization

I would guess that LSAC will exclude the Ws but will print the warning in the report. Since the warning will be there you might want to write an addendum explaining what happened.

If you are out of college already you might want to go ahead and get the transcripts to LSAC so you know what you have to work with.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”