2016 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest (Winners Announced)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
eed333

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby eed333 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Y
.
.
HS
.
.
CC (tied)
.
NP
.
VBD (all tied)
.
MNCG

This?

jever020

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby jever020 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:00 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
jever020 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
jever020 wrote:MS9, MS9, MS9, MS9 (MS9, MS9, MS9, MS9, etc)

give us the rest pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

MS9 is busy responding to USNWR's cease-and-desist letter.


The people must know! The people must be given the juice!


The second I get new info I'll stop what I am doing and post I promise.



Double pinky promise?!

User avatar
ms9

Gold
Posts: 2999
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby ms9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:08 pm

jever020 wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
jever020 wrote:

The second I get new info I'll stop what I am doing and post I promise.



Double pinky promise?!


No.

jever020

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby jever020 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:10 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:
jever020 wrote:
MikeSpivey wrote:
jever020 wrote:

The second I get new info I'll stop what I am doing and post I promise.



Double pinky promise?!


No.



Fair enough lol.

HalfStudent

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby HalfStudent » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Saddle Up wrote:Really thought Emory would go up from #19. At least the USNWR standings are a lot more influential than those from that POS ATL.



Emory hired 20% of their class, it really helps them stay ahead of about 2 schools I think.

Moneytrees

Silver
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Moneytrees » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Emory was one of the few top tier schools that did not see an uptick in employment placement last year. It's still a great school, but I question its top 20 ranking. The numbers just don't seem to back it up.

User avatar
chuckbass

Platinum
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Wonderful. You have all figured out why the TLS mantra is that the rankings don't actually matter. Thank you for all of the wonderful insight.

runinthefront

Gold
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby runinthefront » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:34 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Wonderful. You have all figured out why the TLS mantra is that the rankings don't actually matter. Thank you for all of the wonderful insight.


this was an absolutely useless post and you should feel bad for making it
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LawsRUs

Gold
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 pm

hey take that back, scotti is my friend
Last edited by LawsRUs on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemurian

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Lemurian » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Illinois at 41? How?

The numbers just don't back that up at all.

lawplaya

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby lawplaya » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Looks Like Campos was right on Irvine not Chemerinsky. Campos said Irvine was basically Davis,hastings while Dean Chem was aiming top 20(UCLA/USC). Good for Campos.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby rpupkin » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:47 pm

lawplaya wrote:Looks Like Campos was right on Irvine not Chemerinsky. Campos said Irvine was basically Davis,hastings while Dean Chem was aiming top 20(UCLA/USC). Good for Campos.

Basically everyone except Chemerinsky said that.

table3

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby table3 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Lot of confusing cross-talk in the library lobby right now about NCAAM rankings.

DK21

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:50 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby DK21 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:48 pm

rpupkin wrote:
lawplaya wrote:Looks Like Campos was right on Irvine not Chemerinsky. Campos said Irvine was basically Davis,hastings while Dean Chem was aiming top 20(UCLA/USC). Good for Campos.

Basically everyone except Chemerinsky said that.

not credible.

User avatar
Dafaq

Bronze
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Dafaq » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Damn, I nailed UT at #15. (Safe bet since UT is always @15)

jever020

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby jever020 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Dafaq wrote:Damn, I nailed UT at #15. (Safe bet since UT is always @15)


8)

User avatar
santoki

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

hdunlop

Bronze
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby hdunlop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Saddle Up wrote:I think an above poster’s BVD acronym works!

Not as catchy as MVP but BVD is a recognizable brand name (catchy enough), plus there is no way to include M within a top ten reference.


Tyty

User avatar
chuckbass

Platinum
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Fwiw the basis of the acronyms is selectivity more or less

User avatar
ms9

Gold
Posts: 2999
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby ms9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 pm

table3 wrote:Lot of confusing cross-talk in the library lobby right now about NCAAM rankings.


Ha! Columbia is a #1 seed in their bracket! And Yale. And Harvard. Chicago slips to 2 seed because they don't have a team.

RustyRyan

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby RustyRyan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Why does the TLS wisdom seem to be that Michigan was due for a drop and that it's been hurting since 08? I've seen it ITT and a few other places.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I'm curious as to what signs people were seeing.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton

Platinum
Posts: 5414
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:20 pm

RustyRyan wrote:Why does the TLS wisdom seem to be that Michigan was due for a drop and that it's been hurting since 08? I've seen it ITT and a few other places.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I'm curious as to what signs people were seeing.


57% BL+FC

12th in the T14

bl1nds1ght

Bronze
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby bl1nds1ght » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:21 pm

RustyRyan wrote:Why does the TLS wisdom seem to be that Michigan was due for a drop and that it's been hurting since 08? I've seen it ITT and a few other places.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I'm curious as to what signs people were seeing.

Higher unemployment relative to the rest of the T14.

Unrelated, I don't understand the Davis jump. It just seems like a weaker program based on employment.

User avatar
KMart

Gold
Posts: 4368
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby KMart » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:26 pm

runinthefront wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Wonderful. You have all figured out why the TLS mantra is that the rankings don't actually matter. Thank you for all of the wonderful insight.


this was an absolutely useless post and you should feel bad for making it

This can be said about a lot of posts from a lot of people.

Lemurian

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Lemurian » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:26 pm

bl1nds1ght wrote:
RustyRyan wrote:Why does the TLS wisdom seem to be that Michigan was due for a drop and that it's been hurting since 08? I've seen it ITT and a few other places.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I'm curious as to what signs people were seeing.

Higher unemployment relative to the rest of the T14.

Unrelated, I don't understand the Davis jump. It just seems like a weaker program based on employment.


Come on mate, it wouldn't be the USNWR if it were based on things like numbers and employment



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], M evanz and 11 guests