2016 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest (Winners Announced)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:32 pm

thanks spivey

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby 071816 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:Am I missing something about Minnesota? Only 9.49% in nlj250. Why is Morse so invested in this school? It doesn't make any sense.

Emory seems overrated too.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 pm

i think they are just saving those for next year. like we need some sort of consistency or else people start to ask questions

mu13ski
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby mu13ski » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:36 pm

MikeSpivey wrote:Ok, the accurate one should be up. Sorry for minor editing needs I had 3 facebook conversations, and a phone one while doing all of that.

Some more

GW #22

BC #34

Colorado #40

Illinois # 41



ND?

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby MikeSpivey » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm

whitespider wrote:Any big jumps or falls Spiv?


Everything I know is out. Hopefully I will get a hard copy soon.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby sublime » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm

..

michael2015
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby michael2015 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Glad USC held in the rankings. Look at NLJ 250 numbers and 25/75 splits, I always am confused why USC isn't higher than Emory/WashU

User avatar
rpupkin
Posts: 3864
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby rpupkin » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:45 pm

TheodoreKGB wrote:That rpupkin kid is now proven full of shit by saying Chicago is singularly #4.

This is fucking bullshit, man. My info was good when I shared it. Chicago was singularly #4. And UCI was ranked between 40 and 45 (#41, to be exact). But then the puppet masters started pulling their strings, and things shifted. Now, my credibility on TLS is shot and I'll have to create another sockpuppet.

Fuck you, Chemerisnky. #thisisntover

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:46 pm

rpupkin wrote:
TheodoreKGB wrote:That rpupkin kid is now proven full of shit by saying Chicago is singularly #4.

This is fucking bullshit, man. My info was good when I shared it. Chicago was singularly #4. And UCI was ranked between 40 and 45 (#41, to be exact). But then the puppet masters started pulling their strings, and things shifted. Now, my credibility on TLS is shot and I'll have to create another sockpuppet.

Fuck you, Chemerisnky. #thisisntover


>my info was good when I shared it

uhh no

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby 071816 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:46 pm

michael2015 wrote:Glad USC held in the rankings. Look at NLJ 250 numbers and 25/75 splits, I always am confused why USC isn't higher than Emory/WashU

I agree. 20 seems low for USC.

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:47 pm

rpupkin wrote:
TheodoreKGB wrote:That rpupkin kid is now proven full of shit by saying Chicago is singularly #4.

This is fucking bullshit, man. My info was good when I shared it. Chicago was singularly #4. And UCI was ranked between 40 and 45 (#41, to be exact). But then the puppet masters started pulling their strings, and things shifted. Now, my credibility on TLS is shot and I'll have to create another sockpuppet.

Fuck you, Chemerisnky. #thisisntover

I mean tbf this kid did a good job getting like half of TLS to rank Chicago at 4 and CLS at 5. Kudos troll.

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Minnesota is criminally overrated and makes no sense

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby sublime » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:48 pm

..

User avatar
bugsy33
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby bugsy33 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 pm

I can't even fathom how Illinois dropped a spot. They raised the LSAT median, and have solid job placement. How is it not ranked at least as high as IU-B/Wisky?

Moneytrees
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Moneytrees » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Completely agree about Minnesota. Great regional school but I don't get why it's ranked so high. Schools like BU, ND and USC are more national and have a much higher Biglaw and fedclership rate.

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

hey dont curse at dean chem, he's my fave

TheNextAmendment
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby TheNextAmendment » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

I can picture the GW administration now:

"Sir, we've fallen to 22!"
"More transfers!!!!"
"But sir...that doesn't have anyth-"
"M.o.r.e. T.r.a.n.s.f.e.r.s."
"Yes sir"

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby sublime » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

..

michael2015
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 am

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby michael2015 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 pm

sublime wrote:
chimp wrote:
michael2015 wrote:Glad USC held in the rankings. Look at NLJ 250 numbers and 25/75 splits, I always am confused why USC isn't higher than Emory/WashU

I agree. 20 seems low for USC.



Unless things changed, 25/75 splits are not taken into account, just medians.

I will say though, that it surprises me that they are tied-ish with UMN and below Emory.

Admittedly, I have some bias going on with WUSTL.



I won't hate on WUSTL, but even the medians don't justify USC being lower. In all honesty, USC UCLA VANDY UT WUSTL should just be tied. They all are decent BigLaw, good to great regional placement but will never been kings.

Or not...

User avatar
LawsRUs
Posts: 1970
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby LawsRUs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:54 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:I can picture the GW administration now:

"Sir, we've fallen to 22!"
"More transfers!!!!"
"But sir...that doesn't have anyth-"
"M.o.r.e. T.r.a.n.s.f.e.r.s."
"Yes sir"


LOl who are you and why are you so funny

TheNextAmendment
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby TheNextAmendment » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:55 pm

michael2015 wrote:
sublime wrote:
chimp wrote:
michael2015 wrote:Glad USC held in the rankings. Look at NLJ 250 numbers and 25/75 splits, I always am confused why USC isn't higher than Emory/WashU

I agree. 20 seems low for USC.



Unless things changed, 25/75 splits are not taken into account, just medians.

I will say though, that it surprises me that they are tied-ish with UMN and below Emory.

Admittedly, I have some bias going on with WUSTL.



I won't hate on WUSTL, but even the medians don't justify USC being lower. In all honesty, USC UCLA VANDY UT WUSTL should just be tied. They all are decent BigLaw, good to great regional placement but will never been kings.

Or not...


blatant UT trolling...

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15417
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby sublime » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:56 pm

..

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby 071816 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:57 pm

michael2015 wrote:
sublime wrote:
chimp wrote:
michael2015 wrote:Glad USC held in the rankings. Look at NLJ 250 numbers and 25/75 splits, I always am confused why USC isn't higher than Emory/WashU

I agree. 20 seems low for USC.



Unless things changed, 25/75 splits are not taken into account, just medians.

I will say though, that it surprises me that they are tied-ish with UMN and below Emory.

Admittedly, I have some bias going on with WUSTL.



I won't hate on WUSTL, but even the medians don't justify USC being lower. In all honesty, USC UCLA VANDY UT WUSTL should just be tied. They all are decent BigLaw, good to great regional placement but will never been kings.

Or not...


I agree. USC is the most underrated school on this list. Definitely should not be ranked behind Emory/Minnesota. Lowest it should be is tied with WashU at 18.

User avatar
Saddle Up
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (CLOSED.)

Postby Saddle Up » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:02 pm

Really thought Emory would go up from #19. At least the USNWR standings are a lot more influential than those from that POS ATL.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest