2016 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest (Winners Announced) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xael

Platinum

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Prediction Contest (Winners Announced)

Post by xael » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:36 am

I'm going to win this thing next year you'll see you'll all see

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:37 am

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:39 am

Okay so Muskies wants Hot Sauce, what about George and Jaqen (I ask knowing it's 2:30am)? Quantities of North prizes are not limited (e.g., y'all could all pick the t-shirt or all pick the hot sauce, order and post count don't matter). You all get the Spivey Discount of course.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:40 am

North wrote:Okay so Muskies wants Hot Sauce, what about George and Jaqen (I ask knowing it's 2:30am)? Quantities of North prizes are not limited (e.g., y'all could all pick the t-shirt or all pick the hot sauce, order and post count don't matter). You all get the Spivey Discount of course.
Lol george has an early bed time, he'll probably get back to you early in the morning.

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:42 am

sublime wrote:Hey North, if I just wanted to buy a jar of hot sauce from you, could I do that?
:lol: :lol: :lol: you flatter me

*drops out of law school, opens hot sauce store in hometown*

*probably way happier*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:44 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
North wrote:Okay so Muskies wants Hot Sauce, what about George and Jaqen (I ask knowing it's 2:30am)? Quantities of North prizes are not limited (e.g., y'all could all pick the t-shirt or all pick the hot sauce, order and post count don't matter). You all get the Spivey Discount of course.
Lol george has an early bed time, he'll probably get back to you early in the morning.
NO WONDER he was RABBLIENG when I was shirking my responsibilities earlier

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 am

North wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
NO WONDER he was RABBLIENG when I was shirking my responsibilities earlier
He's a real adult with healthy sleep patterns fwiw.

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:47 am

Just checked the rules I wrote based on sponsor stuff

George gets the (transferable) Blueprint book too.

George cleaning up rn

Also sleeping peacefully like a grwon ass man

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:51 am

I'll go for the hot sauce

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:52 am

North what inspired you to do this originally?

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:53 am

Jaqen wrote:I'll go for the hot sauce
GOTCHA BROTHER

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:01 am

scottidsntknow wrote:North what inspired you to do this originally?
I used to work a county government job before law school that required about 2 hours of actual work every day. So this ate a month or so. Then the Class of 2016 thread plus the Class of 2016 class election ate the summer. Then law school. I like vaguely lounge-ish on-topic stuff and TLSers seemed to like this so I kept doing it/trying to get more prizes to help out 0Ls. I really like doing it tbh

edit: More on point re: the question, I remember back in the day there was no real lead-up on TLS to the rankings dropping and I was always kind of surprised when they did every year. I thought this would be a good way to provide that with some entertainment on the side. Had time to work out how during that job
Last edited by North on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:04 am

North wrote:
I used to work a county government job before law school that required about 2 hours of actual work every day. So this ate a month or so. Then the Class of 2016 thread plus the Class of 2016 class election ate the summer. Then law school. I like vaguely lounge-ish on-topic stuff and TLSers seemed to like this so I kept doing it/trying to get more prizes to help out 0Ls. I really like doing it tbh
Yeah I love it, and awesome. Mad props, especially considering I took the mantle for the Class of 2017 thread and that was still a shit ton of work despite having all of your stuff as blueprints. You add more content to this site than anyone except maybe the venerable businesslady.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:15 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
North wrote:
Yeah I love it, and awesome. Mad props, especially considering I took the mantle for the Class of 2017 thread and that was still a shit ton of work despite having all of your stuff as blueprints. You add more content to this site than anyone except maybe the venerable businesslady.
:oops: I could never agree w/ that, but it still really means a lot. I love TLS, this place gave me a lot and I try to give back the best way I know (usually massive, ridiculous, semi-on-topic threads with pretty OPs). Looking forward to doing this for a while. TY bro

georgej

Gold

Post by georgej » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:20 am

Oh my goodness, the prestige and honor of this moment is nearly unbearable. First, I'd like to thank North who puts on a great contest year after year. And these last two years have been made even better with Spivey sponsoring the event, so thank you Spivey. We are going to have a real good time in Boulder :wink: . I'd also like to give a shout out to cannibal ox, a true champion in my book. Lastly, to all my WUSTL peeps, you guys are the best. I'm embarrassed I predicted a rankings drop for us :oops: . And Muskies970, way to go predicting the three-way tie at #8. That was amazing.

North, I'm going to take the hotsauce. It was delicious last year, and I'm excited to see what another year of experience adds to the yield.

As for the blueprint lsat materials, I think I will be holding a contest of my own for 0Ls. It will be an essay contest based on businesslady's thread of note ideas. STAY TUNED

Lavitz

Gold

Re: 2016 USNWR T25 Pred. Cont. (ANNOUNCING WINNERS TODAY)

Post by Lavitz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 am

congrats, george
wiz wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
wiz wrote:Congrats, george! Remind me to copy you next year. Lavitz let me down.
you still beat him, though
Yeah, but who didn't beat him this year? Dude's washed up.
ljl

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:09 am

georgej wrote:Oh my goodness, the prestige and honor of this moment is nearly unbearable. First, I'd like to thank North who puts on a great contest year after year. And these last two years have been made even better with Spivey sponsoring the event, so thank you Spivey. We are going to have a real good time in Boulder :wink: . I'd also like to give a shout out to cannibal ox, a true champion in my book. Lastly, to all my WUSTL peeps, you guys are the best. I'm embarrassed I predicted a rankings drop for us :oops: . And Muskies970, way to go predicting the three-way tie at #8. That was amazing.

North, I'm going to take the hotsauce. It was delicious last year, and I'm excited to see what another year of experience adds to the yield.

As for the blueprint lsat materials, I think I will be holding a contest of my own for 0Ls. It will be an essay contest based on businesslady's thread of note ideas. STAY TUNED

George, do you go by George? Because if so that is weird, Cannibal Ox, last year's winner, goes by Cannibal Ox in real life too. It was really uncomfortable when he made dinner reservations.

I'll PM you in a few days and we get cracking on looking at flights! Please know that Spivey Consulting does not condone the purchase of legal substances in one state for redistribution in another for which they would be illegal.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hairbear7

Silver

Post by hairbear7 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:11 am

So close! Thanks William and Mary :/

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:34 am

*clap clap clap*

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:50 am

Spivey. SPIVEY I know you are reading this thread, broheim. I want my round trip to hang with you, breh. We'll paint the town a color that indicates fun but no blood spilled. Chartreuse. We'll pain the town chartreuse, Spivey.

The Mixed Tape

Platinum

Post by The Mixed Tape » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:51 am

Good work, George

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:54 am

bjsesq wrote:Spivey. SPIVEY I know you are reading this thread, broheim. I want my round trip to hang with you, breh. We'll paint the town a color that indicates fun but no blood spilled. Chartreuse. We'll pain the town chartreuse, Spivey.
Did you even enter? :-(

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:55 am

MikeSpivey wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Spivey. SPIVEY I know you are reading this thread, broheim. I want my round trip to hang with you, breh. We'll paint the town a color that indicates fun but no blood spilled. Chartreuse. We'll pain the town chartreuse, Spivey.
Did you even enter? :-(
No. I like bullshitting with you, man, but I never got into the US news stuff because it's just so irrelevant, you know?

georgej

Gold

Post by georgej » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 am

Thanks everyone, thanks Spivey. Boo would be more fun than me probably, but what I lack in wit I make up for in irrelevance.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 am

georgej wrote:Thanks everyone, thanks Spivey. Boo would be more fun than me probably, but what I lack in wit I make up for in irrelevance.
You are one of the coolest people on this site, George. Enjoy that shit.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”